Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Buy a package of chipped beef. Make your favorite white gravy and add the chipped beef while the bread is toasting.

Bon Appetite 8)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Brown up hamburg, drain most of the grease, half water and half evaporated milk. Season to taste. Simmer. Add Wondera Flour until it's as thick as you like it. (I season it up pretty good...onions, garlic, balsmic vinager, etc, etc and some hot sauce). I really loved Army messhall breakfast: Three eggs to order, meat, potatos, SOS over everything and all the rolls, cold cereral, fruit and what ever else they could think of thrown in. I think it was .95 cents when I retired in '92 mmmmmmmmm

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
You REMF's had it made in the shade,we were lucky to have one meal aday of stored C's or left over cans and if we boiled Paddy water in a Helmet we got some hot food.

·
Registered
485 Posts
tubby has it rite only diff than it & sausage gravy is the meat, ground round on toast is great :) mike 243

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
What was funny at the mess hall was when they would do an "Ethnic Food" night. That usually meant Mexican or Soul Food.........All you could hear on those evening were: "What the hell is this shit" shouted all over the room..... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. My uncle was Special Forces during Vietnam. He used to make the best SOS for us kids. I will be seeing him soon so I want to get up early and make us a batch. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts