Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get out of town RV!!!!! ......LOL.....great shooting!!!

Just put a scope on my 1897CL. Been shooting peep tang sights since I got it. Have only got to range with it once since I put the scope on it. At first I couldn't get it go group for squat.....couldn't even get close to maxing the BDT.......flyers all over the place with no particular pattern....then, after about 2 boxes of shells, I finally realized that my scope was loose....(not as quick as I used to be...LOL)

Anyway, by that time it was starting to get dark so was only able to shoot a couple of 5 shot groups. It's amazing how your groups tighten up when your scope isn't sliding around all over the place...LOL

Got to take the time to find out what ammo she likes, but plan to give the old BDT a try once I get her (and myself) settled down.

firstshot

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firstshot said:

Just put a scope on my 1897CL. Been shooting peep tang sights since I got it. Have only got to range with it once since I put the scope on it. At first I couldn't get it go group for squat.....couldn't even get close to maxing the BDT.......flyers all over the place with no particular pattern....then, after about 2 boxes of shells, I finally realized that my scope was loose....(not as quick as I used to be...LOL)

Anyway, by that time it was starting to get dark so was only able to shoot a couple of 5 shot groups. It's amazing how your groups tighten up when your scope isn't sliding around all over the place...LOL

firstshot
:lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RV

·
Registered
191 Posts

Got to take the time to find out what ammo she likes, but plan to give the old BDT a try once I get her (and myself) settled down.

firstshot

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't have a clue why some of my post are double posting. I didn't post the second one after RV responded the first time.

Oh well....I've got more important things to worry about than that..LOL

firstshot

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Good shooting RV.. they are amazing rifles for sure..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts