Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys my LGS Has the Taurus 1911 FS on sale for $499 with a 100 rounds of Golden Saber ammo,or I can get the Ruger 1911 no ammo for $629 what's your thoughts ?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would go with the Ruger. It's a much stronger gun.

Reactions: 1022

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Ruger....

I bought a Taurus Model 85 about two months ago, and it would only fire 99% of the time. In other words, it would not fire on one round out of every 100. It had a light primer strike problem.......Needless to say, it's gone. It was the only Taurus handgun that I've ever owned. It is the only Taurus handgun that I will have ever owned......Never again........Their QC sucks..........

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ruger rules! You get what you pay for!

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what you guys trying to say?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Too many horror stories from Taurus handguns both hearsay and observed for this old boy. Ruger is well worth the extra cost to me.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Why do you think they have to throw in ammo with the Taurus? Ruger, all the way.

Have 5 Ruger handguns, the oldest one 30 years old and going strong... and the next two are already planned. Never a problem, never a disappointment. Every one built like a bank vault and gorgeous. What's not to love? Well worth the extra shekels.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
alexanders ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know I'm the exception, but the only guns I've ever had problems with we're rugers. An overly picky mk2 and an sr9 that couldn't shoot a full mag without at least one failure to feed and one to eject. Just gotta throw it out there.. Any company will have problems.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I sold off my Glock to buy a Taurus. I could buy two Tauri for the price of one Ruger.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
I own three taurus revolvers. All of which I would be my life on. Yet my s&w revolvers both required work to correct the cylinder gaps. But NONE of my ruger ever had an a hiccup

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would go with the ruger. It's easier to buy ammo than buy new parts:biggrin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ruger all the way ,I have a Taurus in 9mm model 92 and don't like it at all.I have a Ruger 1911 and it's a great gun second only to my Kimber 1911.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts