Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
16,887 Posts
looks good, personally, I would prefer a non checkered stock, but that is just my preference

· Registered
8,060 Posts
Hope they use their pull to get more 35 Rem ammo produced. They could do it themselves and make a tidy bundle.

· Registered
564 Posts
I'm sure this won't be popular here but I want a 360 buckhammer. I have 35 Remingtons already. The buckhammer is better in every way and is legal in more places. The ballistics are basicly identical. Actually, I hope they chamber both. It wouldn't really cost them anything. Make mine stainless and walnut with a short mag tube and end cap please.

John

· Registered
1,814 Posts
35 Rem for me. I am not too pleased about the new 35 caliber cartridge introduction. These companies keep reinventing the wheel for no other reason than to sucker folks into buying new stuff. How about making sure that there are enough components on the market and ammunition for the 35 rem. But then again I prefer nostalgic stuff over new stuff.

· Registered
564 Posts
"Better in every way". There's a bold statement. How so?
Well for one thing, it has a rim to head space on. The small shoulder on 35 Rem can be problematic sometimes. Cast boolets seem to work easier with the rimmed-straight cases with heavy role crimps also. Factory ammo specs are slightly better. The parent case is the 30-30 while 35 Rem is its own thing. It will be legal in more states. It even "looks" the part. The only thing the 35 Rem is better for is auto, pump and bolt rifles because it has a rimless case (that's what it was designed for in the first place).

I get the 35 Rem is a great cartridge for sure. I own/have owned a few. The Buckhammer just has alot going for it in a lever/single shot rifle over the 35 Remington. Just like the 30-30 winchester is better in a lever/single shot over the 30 Remington.

John

· Registered
564 Posts
Ruger has it's hands full right now, check back in a year or two or buy a Henry.
Why wait? Ruger would sell more 360 BHMR than 35 Rem IMHO. If you want to use a lever rifle in a straight wall state you are very limited. The 360 BHMR will sell in these states because it is legal. The 35 Rem isn't. It's the reason for its existence. It does fill a niche in the marketplace.

Ruger should sell both right off the bat. The barrels are the same bore just ream the chamber for both, it's a win win for Ruger and the customer.

John

· Registered
4 Posts
New 336 in .35 REM here. I have found a few boxes locally. However I did buy online from a guy in PA last week. I called his contact number just to try and make sure it was legit. Now the rest of the story..,,,,,
He said “ I go over the border and 35 Ammo is everywhere in Canada. I pay the tariffs, and then resale at Gun shows. “ I sold 200 boxes” last weekend in PA.
So if it’s available “ everywhere “ in Canada why isn’t available here in the states”

I reload 7mm08 and second hand found some brass and Hornady bullets so I’m ok other than a worked up recipe. I know one thing I will pick up all my brass !

· Registered
2,134 Posts
A spokesman from Remington that I saw on a video at the Shot Show said they are planning on using two new bullets in both .35s making it less complicated to serve both owners. A 180gr and a 200gr.

There is a market for the 360 without a doubt.

· Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Why wait? Ruger would sell more 360 BHMR than 35 Rem IMHO. If you want to use a lever rifle in a straight wall state you are very limited. The 360 BHMR will sell in these states because it is legal. The 35 Rem isn't. It's the reason for its existence. It does fill a niche in the marketplace.

Ruger should sell both right off the bat. The barrels are the same bore just ream the chamber for both, it's a win win for Ruger and the customer.

John
email Ruger's CEO Christopher Killoy with your thoughts. He will respond.

· Registered
20,880 Posts
List of .35 caliber rifle cartridges that are obsolete or no longer chambered except by special order:

.35-20 Maynard
.35-40 Maynard
.35 WCF
.35 Whelen
.356 Winchester
.358 Winchester
.358 Norma Mag
.350 Remington Mag
.35 Newton
.35 WSL
.351 WSL

.400-.350 Nitro Express
.350 Rigby Rimless

9x57 Mauser
9x56 Mannlicher

List of .35 caliber rifle cartridges that outlived all the above:

.35 Remington (1906-present)

· Registered
59 Posts
Buckmaster must be stopped before it kills off our beloved 35 Rem. There is a Blasphemer in our midst.
I'm sure the salesperson at Vista was in contact with Ruger regarding the new offering.
Watched a vid from shot show where the Remington rep stated that 360 buck hammer was actually leading them to produce more 35 rem for some reason (his explanation made no sense to me)

· Registered
633 Posts
Watched a vid from shot show where the Remington rep stated that 360 buck hammer was actually leading them to produce more 35 rem for some reason (his explanation made no sense to me)
From a manufacturing perspective you can make one longer run of bullets to fit both cartridges. Still have to make the 35 Remington brass and load it but there’s an economy of scale that doesn’t require an additional setup with the bullet.
I think the 350 Legend was designed with commonality of parts if I recall right. .355 (9mm) instead of .358” for bullet diameter so changing over a line would be faster.
I for one feel that the 360 BuckHammer will help the 35 Remington more than it will hurt it.

REK

1 - 20 of 48 Posts