Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of the 454 I bought a couple week's ago at a gunshow.I do alot of fishing way back in the boonies and some camping too.Wanted a packable easy to carry handgun that can take care of any problems with critters.But at any rate it was a good excuse to buy another gun. Installed a wolf reduced spring kit and bought a very overpriced Galco holster for it ,the holster is very nice but at 75 bucks it's alot of money for a holster that doesn't have much leather in it.Shot some groups with it at 25yrds with 454 loads in,265gr cast performance , 300 gr cast, and 357gr hunters supply cast.Was more than pleased with the accuracy with it ,1.5 " groups with first range trip and this was was before I installed the spring kit to reduce the trigger pull
. Gun Revolver Ammunition Material property Gun accessory

45 colt ammo shot about 9" to the left, I was disappointed with this.But the 45 colt ammo grouped well.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
I'd imagine that will just about take care of anything you might run into back in the boonies! Nice looking 454. Like that holster too. Thanks for the picture and range report! :tee:

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Sweet! I've been so tempted to add this to my wheel gun collection, I've got the 44mag Alaskan and love it! Are you going to get the cylinder milled to accept moonclips for 45ACP? Lots of possibilities for that revolver. You should be able to hit targets very easily at 100yds, it's scary accurate for a 2.5" bbl!
Plus the view from the front is very intimidating!
Enjoy it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.