Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has one or has shot them any feedback would be great.I am very interested in it and have watched youtube videos on it and it seems to be a very reliable and accurate automatic that functions well.The price also seems reasonable for a new one and it is a Ruger which I very much like.Any feedback would be great on this gun! vaslugger

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's almost identical to the Walther design of the P22. It's quite light in weight, and accuracy is good for a featherweight auto. It is as reliable as the quality of the ammo it's fed. I'd avoid the exotic Super/Hyper stuff, as the pulse cycle for that class is not often auto-compatible.

The price is more a reflection of the very simple design, than the quality. It's simple to manufacture, maintain, and operate.

You should have one ;)

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I bought one a few months ago, and am very happy with it.
It has fired every brand I have fed it so far, (about 400 rounds of assorted brands of ammo) only 2 FTE, but I blame that on the ammo, and being a new gun. It is NOT ammo picky..
After a good breakdown, and cleaning then about 50 rounds of CCI mini mags to break it in, and another good cleaning, it hasn't failed me yet.
I bought it because the grip is a little narrower, and it fit my daughters hands perfectly, and she was very comfortable with it.
If you have big hands, it might feel small to ya'.
I have overall nothing but good things to say about everything about it so far..
Its a great little plinking' gun. and is surprisingly accurate., no recoil to speak of.

I own the Sig Mosquito, and just recently sold the walther 22 to get the Ruger.
I can say it is the best out of the box of the three by a wide margin.
Took me forever to "fix" the Mosquito, but it runs like a scalded dog now,
BUT, for out of the box good shooter, I would, and probably will buy another Ruger..
Sold the walther because it was pure Blechhhhhk... not happy with that one..

Reactions: vaslugger

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
i do not have one but my shooting buddy does. He haas had to do some work on the feed ramp as there were some rough spots or burrs on the metal that we causing the pistol to jam every 2nd or 3rd shot. Once he got this cleaned up it has been a dependable pistol. I can still out shoot him with my ruger mark II bull barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Don't own one (yet) but everything I've heard about it is quite favorable. It will fit in most of the same holsters used by the Walther P22, yet seems more accurate and less ammo finicky than the Walther.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy, Those are good guns. My buddy has one and he's real happy with it! I chose the Smith & Wesson M&P .22 because it fit my big 'ol paw size hands better. We've tried running every kind of ammo both good and crappy and so far everything we've thrown at them they both work flawlessly! My buddy bought the Ruger mainly because it fit his wifes smaller hands better and she was the one wanting to use it the most. I thought about getting a Ruger for my wife too but she's grown very attached to my M&P.22 and say's no way. In my opinion either one of those two would be a great choice as long as it fits the hand of the shooter. Happy shootin!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I bought one when they first came out. I got it for my wife to shoot.
It was ok, nothing special. trigger was meh, sights were marginal.
Accuracy was not very good compared to better guns.
It quickly fell into disuse when we got some browning buckmarks.
Unless you want a small polymer type glock in 22LR there are better
guns on the market.

Ruger 22/45
Ruger 22/45 Lite
Browning Buckmark

These are more target guns but they also shoot better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All 3 of my girls have one and then my wife got one , great guns , now I went and picked up a threaded barrel one last Feb. and love it, that's 5 in one family, sold my 22/45 just took to long to clean , the sr22 takes a few mins. and done.

·
Registered
822 Posts
My youngest bro has one...it is a shooting fool and I intend to get one for myself as soon as funds become available. IMHO it is a "best buy"

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated!Put my hands on one yesterday at Gander Mountain and it felt good! Vaslugger

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Wife has one too. Bought it for her for Valentines Day the first year they came out. Nothing says Love like a New Handgun right?:biggrin:

She loves it. She will not shoot my rifles. Only her little Pistol.. It is somewhat small for my hands even with the larger grips. It runs great. Even on standard velocity ammo at 1050 FPS. Sometimes it only like 9 rounds in the mags though..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bought one for my son to use and he loved it. Tried it myself and I had a blast with it. I bought mine with the hope my wife and daughter might want to try shooting.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had one and loved it, but I ended up trading it in for the Ruger 1911-22. Been shooting 1911's all my life and the gun just felt more natural to me. I never had any issues with the SR22, kept it clean and lubed, and it shot everything I put through it.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Bought one for my Dad and he loves it! No issues with it so far and we've put probably 6-800 rnds through it.... We put a Crimson trace Rail master laser on it and dad just loves that!
Good gun for the money IMHO.

I would like to maybe buy myself the S&W M&P 22? Pistol to try...

Good Luck
BloodGroove4570

1 - 16 of 16 Posts