Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a beat up Sig P250 for this snake charmer to wear around the house. I cleaned it. I did a minor action job spring kit, changed the front and rear sights and changed the grip panels. 22 magnums are awesome.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I traded a beat up Sig P250 for this snake charmer to wear around the house. I cleaned it. I did a minor action job spring kit, changed the front and rear sights and changed the grip panels. 22 magnums are awesome.
View attachment 820904 View attachment 820905
One of the best mods I did to mine was to fit an aftermarket 8 rd 22 mag cylinder to it. SO now I have a 6 rd 22LR, 6 rd 22mag cylinder, and an 8 rd 22mag cylinder.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Nice looking wheel gun, I have a pair of single-sixes.
One came with both cylinders, and the mag cylinder works perfectly in the other.
Like that rear sight, where did you find that?

RP

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
One of the best mods I did to mine was to fit an aftermarket 8 rd 22 mag cylinder to it. SO now I have a 6 rd 22LR, 6 rd 22mag cylinder, and an 8 rd 22mag cylinder.
Never seen and eight round cylinder, know Ruger has a single-ten.
And I also have a H&R with a 9 rd. cylinder.

RP

·
Registered
22 Posts
this is a nice gun done well. it is fun taking these apart, cleanin' em, rubbing things smooth and them putting 'em back together. when u shoot 'em there is a feeling of satisfaction. it's a bonus to hit the bullseye too!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Love the grips and the sights. I have had a couple of them and really liked them when I shot 22 Mags but could never get any accuracy with 22lr.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DETAILS!

Where did that rear peep come from?
Is it a Warren One Hole Sight? How do you like it?

Where did that grip come from?
Yes, it is a Warren one hole sight. With bad eyes it is keeping me shooting. This is the second one on a Ruger. I also have one on my Dan Wesson. Yes, I like them.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great. Is it 22 Magnum only, or did it come with a 22LR cylinder also?
It is not a Super Single Six. If it was most people lose one cylinder or another. I may send it off and have someone make one for me.

·
Premium Member
10,609 Posts
I don't understand how an 8 shot cylinder would work in your gun, unless you changed out the 6 shot Hand in the receiver..........Then, I think you'd need to change it back for the 6 shot cylinders........
A 6 shot cylinder increments 60 Degrees, while and 8 shot increments only 45 degrees..........Am I wrong in my thinking?

Tom

Reactions: Doubletap and Drm50

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't understand how an 8 shot cylinder would work in your gun, unless you changed out the 6 shot Hand in the receiver..........Then, I think you'd need to change it back for the 6 shot cylinders........
A 6 shot cylinder increments 60 Degrees, while and 8 shot increments only 45 degrees..........Am I wrong in my thinking?

Tom
I have one also. Don’t know why it works but it does, and works well.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts

Tom
It was designed to work with the 6 shot hand\pawl OEM setup. of course depending on your cylinder and gun some just drop in and on others some minor fitting is required. Mine was tight ---I had to stone a very little amount off the front of the cylinder (figure eights using 600 grit oiled on a thick piece of glass). Worked like a champ. I checked lineup of each hole by cocking the gun on all 8 holes and then looking down the muzzle to make sure it lined up.

Reactions: edcknives

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
I don’t have any New Model Ruger SAs. Looking at SBH and Single-6s, I don’t understand how this would work either. The gun is engineered to lock up at 6 positions. It’s not going to automatically lock up on 8 unless the spacing would be the same. So allowing that 8 shot cylinder is same diameter as 6 shot, I can’t see how it would work. Especially with interchange of cylinders from one to other. Somehow it don’t compute in my wee mind.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I don’t have any New Model Ruger SAs. Looking at SBH and Single-6s, I don’t understand how this would work either. The gun is engineered to lock up at 6 positions. It’s not going to automatically lock up on 8 unless the spacing would be the same. So allowing that 8 shot cylinder is same diameter as 6 shot, I can’t see how it would work. Especially with interchange of cylinders from one to other. Somehow it don’t compute in my wee mind.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have a Ruger SS single 9 22 mag and a Ruger Flatgate and they are addicting. Also have a 3 screw BH 357. I am definitely going to look into those sights! Thanks for the insight, no pun and also pun intended.

Reactions: Da Duke
1 - 19 of 19 Posts