Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran across the Ruger web ad for this this gun. I didn't look for the date. Is any one shooting it and for what?
I'm working down the caliber range in pistols from .44 BH. I' love it but it is a true cannon. I was toying w/ the single six idea in .22 but was thinking of a little more umph. I saw this and started xreferencing to the Model 1894CB in 32 H&R Magnum. Looks as though the Ruger will fire the .32-20 and the .32wcf( I know I saw this but now I can't find it) Am I on track with that??
Anyone know about the Marlin being able to fire/feed the smaller rounds??
Thanks
CW

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't believe the 32 HR and the 32-20 interchange. you might be able to use an extra cylinder for one. If memory serves the 32-20 is a tapered case and the 32 hr is a shorter, straightwalled case.

·
Registered
272 Posts
35 hunter is correct.The 32-20 has been around since 1873.Designed by Winchester for the 73 rifle.Straight cases in the blackpowder days were too soon fouled by the BP residue.They found that the bottle necked case sealed up much better and so fired more shots without loading up the innards with burnt powder.The main reason they didn't use the 45 Colt round in rifles that were repeaters.Interesting HUH?? The great 32-20..
Still one of the favorite cartridges for farmers and trappers of the old school.Perfect for a pickup gun low noise and enough power for moles up to and including deer if shot placement is sure.Makes for a great rifle/pistol combo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buy It!

Hey if it isn't too late buy the little 32 h&r Ruger. I got lucky abot a month ago found one in great shape with a 6.5" barrel with adj sights. One of the distb had a 2 cylinder deal 32-20 and 32 h&r mag ruger blk hawk that was a couple yrs ago if my mem service me right.I don't think it had adj sights.
Dave

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Rugers are great guns. The .32 H&R is an interesting cartridge, about perfect for some game and adaptable to a wide range of fun hunting.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I wondered at one time if you necked down a .32 H&R cxase to .17 and installed a .17 barrel on one of these how well it would work out? I don't have the $$ to play with right now to find out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Beleive it was Buckeye Sports that had the Blackhawk with dual cylinders, one in 32-20 and other for the 32 Long/Mag. The Single Six is now only avaibible with fixed sights and is too short for a cyclinder in 32-20. Been looking for years for one with adjustable sights.

Believe Marlin 1894 action is suitable for the 32-20 since the action was designed for pistol rounds of that length. The Marlin in .32 mag appears to use a closed action and loading method of the M39 22LR rifle. Don't think it can handle the 32-20 but not sure since I've never seen one.

CD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Combat Diver said:
Beleive it was Buckeye Sports that had the Blackhawk with dual cylinders, one in 32-20 and other for the 32 Long/Mag. The Single Six is now only avaibible with fixed sights and is too short for a cyclinder in 32-20.

CD
Cimarron makes a 32-20/32 H&R revolver, however it is a short barreled fixed sight model intended for cowboy action shootiing. It resembles the Colt Lightning, however it is single action. Colt Lightnings were double action.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Dual32s.htm

I found this interesting Ruger 32 H&R on the internet that also resembles the Colt Lightning and have ordered it to use for cowboy action pocket pistol side matches. It has no ejector like the storekeeper and sheriff model Colt Lightnings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts