Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was shopping for a J frame 2inch 357 caliber for a conceal carry pocket gun. I went to my LGS and mainly was looking for a EEA windicater in a 2inch or a Rossi R461 2inch 357s since I have friends that have either one and I shot them plus both fit my small hands perfect. Well my LGS didn't have either one at the time and they would had to order them so I browse their counters and saw a Ruger LC9S. I ask to see it and as soon as my hand went around the grip I knew this is what I was looking for. It was perfect for a pocket gun plus it had the extended magazine where my pinky aint hanging out there and the extra clips are price reasonable. Next month I am going to do a CHL class and get my permit and I don't know if I will have time to shoot this week but I will next week and let y'all know the results.

LC9 002.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats on a great pistol it should be a great carry gun
Yea I had to do something. I had a stroke(TIA) and this is the 5th one in 4 years back in jan of this year and I aint bouncing back like I have the others and my family doc and neurologist and the dang therapists I see are talking I may want to check on SSI disability before my company long-term expires. Heck I am 52 and I cant move as fast, I am not able to drive and my right side is weaker than normal so I figure I better get something to help equalize in case of problems if you get my meaning.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I put about 100 rounds thru this pistol plus a complete disassemble and assemble and I found that this is a great pocket gun. It has a windage adj on the rear but no elevation and it hits about 2 inches low at 15 yds if I line up the sights like you suppose to but that is easy to correct for. It only holds 7+1 and has a clip extension for my pinky. It was easy to break down and clean. But one think that really impress me was the trigger. It is pretty light compared to others I tested at a local gun range that you can rent pistols and handguns. I shot Remington and magtech thru this gun and no jams or failures.

I am gonna to get a pocket holster and about 4 more clips but I really like my Ruger LC9s and with ammo and trading in my Hi Point .45acp I walk out the door paying 401.89. And the difference between my LC9s and a LC9 is mine is a striker fire.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LC9s is a huge improvement over the LC9. lc9 trigger is the reason i went with the XD's. good buy. good gun. quality striker fired pistol. honestly they're all to small for my hands. and it seemed like the LC9 was constantly trying to attack me. the xd is quite a bit heavier but it just felt a bit better as well. with so many quality striker fired polymer framed pistols you really have a good chance of getting one that best suits you. congrats on a great buy!

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LC9s is a huge improvement over the LC9. lc9 trigger is the reason i went with the XD's. good buy. good gun. quality striker fired pistol. honestly they're all to small for my hands. and it seemed like the LC9 was constantly trying to attack me. the xd is quite a bit heavier but it just felt a bit better as well. with so many quality striker fired polymer framed pistols you really have a good chance of getting one that best suits you. congrats on a great buy!
Well I really luck out on the ruger. I went in looking for a J-Frame 357/38 EAA or Rossi and they would had to order one in. And I saw the ruger and held it and he said pull back the slide pull the trigger (I double check and it was empty :) ) and man the trigger was smooth and easy compared to the LC9 he had me check and it fitted my small hand and it was not to heavy either so I got it.

Reactions: KG and IHRunner

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Well I had the older LC9 and didn't liked the trigger at all, and with the stiffness in my hands I found it hard to rack the slide .I traded it off and got the Smith 642 never looked back...Also had a Kel Tec PF9 same story...

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Hickock45's assessment.

Reactions: PWB and mjadams61

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hickock45's assessment.
sounds like hickok shares our assesment of the old ruger trigger. garbage. its also the only reason i dont carry the sccy cpx. great gun. heavy hard trigger. a friend had the bersa bp9cc and the ruger lc9. bp9cc is kinda similar trigger to the lc9s

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
sounds like hickok shares our assesment of the old ruger trigger. garbage. its also the only reason i dont carry the sccy cpx. great gun. heavy hard trigger. a friend had the bersa bp9cc and the ruger lc9. bp9cc is kinda similar trigger to the lc9s
They did the same thing with the LCP. The first few years you needed a road map to find the end of the trigger pull. I purchased a new (improved) LCP model a while ago and the trigger pull is much better and it even has a front sight.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The smallest pistol I currently own and carry on a regular basis is either a Glock 27 or S&W 36. I've seen and handled the Glock 42 but would rather have something in 9mm. While in my favorite LGS they had a LC380 on the shelve...it's a nice pistol but I didn't care for that pop up thing on the top of the frame letting you know that there is one in the pipe. I was also a bit small for my hand. Had the same issue with my Glock 27 but that was remedied with Pearce magazine extensions. I haven't had a chance to put my hands on the LC9S but I have shot a friend's Ruger SR9, it's a very nice pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts