Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts

My Blackhawk eats Kevin Underwoods 325s and 300FTXs as well as Tim Sundles Deer Grenades! All shoot accurately and big NC hogs don’t like’m much! I would and do trust my life to Kevin’s awesome 325s and would not hesitate to carry it in brown bear country! Of course my T4P with his 335s would be with me as well!😁
PS I carry it in an El Paso Saddlery tanker rig. Nice!

·
Premium Member
13,859 Posts
I have a Blackhawk, but in .357. It's a great, accurate revolver. I really like it. Can't hardly go wrong with a Ruger.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Are you referring to the new model Blackhawks on the 357 size frame? If so they will not handle pressures above 45 ACP. I have both, the smaller frame being my favorite. Venturing into Bear Country I'd probably opt for the larger frame with a little bit heavier loads. Just my two cents

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tell me more about that sight.
Well the gun came that way but my Gunsmith friend tells me he has several converted. He did say if you put one in there is a spring in the original sight and make sure you do not lose it. I notice they are available from Ruger, Williams, Buds Gun Shop, and others on Amazon. He calls it a ragged one whole sight but it is easy for these old eyes to see.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Are you referring to the new model Blackhawks on the 357 size frame? If so they will not handle pressures above 45 ACP. I have both, the smaller frame being my favorite. Venturing into Bear Country I'd probably opt for the larger frame with a little bit heavier loads. Just my two cents
There are three sizes of New Model Blackhawk.

·
Premium Member
5,024 Posts
I’ve had my 4 5/8” .357 since I was a teenager and foolishly traded a mint 3 screw 7.5” blue model to it in .30 carbine. Wish I still had that one. I never shot my .357 much til I reloaded and since then I love it. I recommend anyone to add one to their collection. Hopefully someday I’ll add one in .45 colt.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have 2 of the old 3 screw .357s (one my dad bought me used and I got his when he passed). Those two are very accurate with a pinch of W296 under 158 grain Hornady hollow points. I also have a new model Super Blackhawk in 44 and a Vaquero in 45 Colt. I just picked up a Uberti 45 Colt and love it. I shoot 255 cast in the 45s with Unique powder (8.5 grains) and they pack a punch. You won't be disappointed in the Ruger Blackhawk.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The grip is fine for standard 45 Colt loads. If you try the "Ruger Only" loads they may bite you. The Houge rubber grip will tame the recoil but it looks a bit modern on the Blackhawk.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts