Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted a little while ago about finding my 1894CB in 32 H&R, but haven't shown off this little gem yet. Unfortunately my smart self left it at the house last chance I got to shoot but hopefully will be able to remedy that soon. The gun is really heavy because of such a small bore but that doesn't bother me too much. It's had a trigger slicked by a local smith and is the nicest single action trigger I've ever felt!

Thought I was in it a little steep at $750, until a friend on MO pointed out one that sold for over $2k last week! My understanding is Ruger only made 400 of the Vaquero 32's and 189 were this shorter 4 3/4 barrel length. The cylinders are 32-20 & 32 H&R Magnum.

This one has a little brother 'vaquerito' headed to the FFL, too. Now I just need to find me a nice 32-20 rifle!

·
Premium Member
16,812 Posts
Hey Robert,

Fine looking "Mini" Hyphen!

Looking forward to the leather you build for it!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Eagle - That little jewel looks slick as oily glass. Nice find in two nice calibers. Only hope your rifle/pistol like the same reload. Let us all know how that beauty shoots. Shenandoah

Reactions: Eaglestroker

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Robert,

Fine looking "Mini" Hyphen!

Looking forward to the leather you build for it!

Later, Mark
Mark,

I have two big hyphen's I need to snap photos of this weekend, and a possible trade lined up for an ever so nice 38-55 CB!

That's a Dandy Robert!!! Hope she shoots as good as it looks!

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570
Ray, if it shoots half as good as it looks I'd be might happy :)

Eagle - That little jewel looks slick as oily glass. Nice find in two nice calibers. Only hope your rifle/pistol like the same reload. Let us all know how that beauty shoots. Shenandoah
The CB shot great with some over the counter ammo, I'm hoping this Ruger does the same. You can see the first outing with the CB here:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/1894/134269-32-h-r-cowboy.html

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Nice Pistol, Robert.......

Re: Small bores and weight....I have a very nice USFA Model 12-22 5 1/2" that functions like a Swiss Watch, but suffers from a weight problem due to the small .224 Bore.......:(...As a full sized SAA, the added weight is noticable.........At least to me.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Nice, very nice!!

Mine, er the wife's 32mag is a case hardened single six Vaquero, 4-5/8" barrel and I like it. Loaded some ammo for it last week and hoping for some range time before long. Did you get your holster built? I'd be interested in a pic or two...

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Pistol, Robert.......

Re: Small bores and weight....I have a very nice USFA Model 12-22 5 1/2" that functions like a Swiss Watch, but suffers from a weight problem due to the small .224 Bore.......:(...As a full sized SAA, the added weight is noticable.........At least to me.

Tom
I don't let it bother me to much, but it is a fair amount compared to a 45 Colt in the same configuration!

Nice, very nice!!

Mine, er the wife's 32mag is a case hardened single six Vaquero, 4-5/8" barrel and I like it. Loaded some ammo for it last week and hoping for some range time before long. Did you get your holster built? I'd be interested in a pic or two...

Jeff
Jeff, I love the blued/case hardened 'vaqueritos'. Problems is they've gotten dang expensive! I happen to find one on another forum in stainless, which will match this one, for a really nice price so I bought it. Grandad & myself are looking to start cowboy shooting and I figured the two 32's would give me a combination outside of my 45 Colt, and the 357 rifle he will be borrowing from me. I'll be sure to post up those rigs when they are finished - while his has been started I haven't even thought about mine yet.

·
Premium Member
15,433 Posts
nice score, congrats,
I have both the limited edition Vaquero and BLackhawk in .32-20 WCF / .32 H&R Magnum

fdd RUGER VAQUERO .32-20 WCF.JPG fd Ruger Blackhawk 32-20 & .32 mag.jpg RUGER S32-X BOX LABEL - Copy - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's a nice looking sixgun.Ruger single actions are tops.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Man how I like that she's a beauty!!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put my first rounds through it today, and it shoots like a dream. Off hand at 15 yards:

And off hand at 40 yards.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Sure is a nice looking revolver you got there. I think I need a Vaquero one of these days, great another gun I gotta put on my list to buy.

Stu

1 - 16 of 16 Posts