Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 204 Ruger to the range for the first time last weekend, and all I can say is wow. Right out of the box, with factory Hornady 32 vmax ammo produced several of the groups like this:

This is a 5 shot group, and it was pouring rain that day. I am an average marksman, which makes me wonder what a real pro could do with reloads.

The rifle is topped with a Bushnell Elite 6x24 scope. This is my first #1 Ruger. Vermin beware!

G

·
I have the Ruger 77VT in 204 with a 6.5-20 Leupold on top. I bought it used from a friend, before I got it he let me shoot it with his 6-24 Simmons on top shooting 40 grain Hornady factory, my first three shots went in one hole that measured .242" , fiteen minutes later I shot a 5 shot group that measured .499" . Needless to say I bought the gun from him. I have since tried Berger 30 and 35 grain handloads and got .4" 5 shot groups from both weights. Also I tried 32 grain Hornadys and got 5 shots in .3". I loaded some 32 grain Sierras but have been to the range with them yet .I stil have 40 grain Bergers , Hornadys and Sierras to try. I would like to head out west for prarie dogs next year and I think this gun should be fine with any bullet I've tried so far......Now I need to start working with the 917VS I just acquired , it should be good out to maybe 175-200 yards :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts