Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest son and I made a rushed road trip to California. While there though, we took the opportunity to explore at least a bit of the famous Rubicon Trail in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I've backpacked through that area, but have never tried to drive the rocky trail before. It's a challenge! We did not run the whole trail, just nibbled around the edges near Wentworth Springs and Loon Lake. One day, we're going to have to take both his Jeep and mine, and run the whole thing!

Guy

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is some beautiful country thanks for sharing it with us!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is some beautiful country thanks for sharing it with us!!!!
You want some pretty country? This is 14,162' Mount Shasta, in Northern California. Not anywhere near the Rubicon Trail, but we passed it going home. It's my favorite California mountain. Some friends and I climbed it a couple of times back in the 1970's. Awesome experience.

Guy

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
And to think I'm stuck in flat Florida Swampland. :shot: Thanks again for sharing the pics Guy.

1895gunner
Make do with what ya got, Scott. Put a lift and some big mudders on the family grocery gitt'r...and git dirty!

Roe

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Guy, Great Pics, Thanks.................As soon as I get some pics taken, I'll do a post of my new 2014 JK Wrangler Sahara.

Scott,
You need to look into getting one of those FLA Swamp machines, so you can race thru the swamps and sippy holes...........

Tom

Reactions: LT and M700
1 - 8 of 8 Posts