Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Didnt know they even sold them separately. Got a link?
I don't have a link, someone posted here about it awhile back, I think he called them, can't recall. They told him the set was available, I think it was around 350 - 400 dollars or so.

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Well there is hope yet for Marlin at least! Just took delivery of a few 1895 SBL's and some 30-30 Darks....I'm gonna have to keep one of each of the Dark series I think....VERY nice!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well there is hope yet for Marlin at least! Just took delivery of a few 1895 SBL's and some 30-30 Darks....I'm gonna have to keep one of each of the Dark series I think....VERY nice!!
It seemed like they were sold out of about everything for awhile, I just noticed 1895CB's available again yesterday, so it looks like the Clipper ship has made it's way around the horn.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Didnt know they even sold them separately. Got a link?
I don't have a link, someone posted here about it awhile back, I think he called them, can't recall. They told him the set was available, I think it was around 350 - 400 dollars or so.
Ouch. Pretty pricey. I really do like em though. I may think about getting one at some point.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a Rossi 92 44mag I purchased back in the early to mid '90's. It became a great little brush/stalking rifle. Very light and accurate out of the box with open sights and factory ammo. Took 4 deer with that gem. Paid $299 NIB for it. I sold it to help pay for a BLR in 7mm-08. I cant seem to find the Rossi website but I assume they are still using the safety on top of the slide? Worse lever action safety design ever IMO. I know you can get a peep sight safety delete. Im glad to see these lever action manufacturers are expanding calibers and features. We're back boys!

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
That is what I've heard and that it's tough to get warranty work done. I've watched a couple of youtube videos on smoothing up the Rossi action, it doesn't appear to be a difficult job.

Jack
I have four Rossi's and have worked all of them over, smoothing things out and tuning them them way I want. If they bring back the .44-40 to the line, then I might end up with five or six Rossi's.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
I had a Rossi 92 44mag I purchased back in the early to mid '90's. It became a great little brush/stalking rifle. Very light and accurate out of the box with open sights and factory ammo. Took 4 deer with that gem. Paid $299 NIB for it. Like a dip $hit I sold it to help pay for a BLR in 7mm-08. I cant seem to find the Rossi website but I assume they are still using the safety on top of the slide? Worse lever action safety design ever IMO. I know you can get a peep sight safety delete. Im glad to see these lever action manufacturers are expanding calibers and features. We're back boys!
I just use the little button style safety delete from Steve's Gunz, works great.

·
Read Only
1,038 Posts
Waffletop,

Great to hear. I have owned a few Rossi's over the last 10 years. The Mod 1892 clone is a great platform. If you are handy and can apply some fit and finish polish to the action parts, they make a great low cost option for lever fans. The 24" octagon should be in high demand.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Like Waffletop has said .... they can't reliably supply the market, and that is a problem.

Rossie Lever Guns are the absolute Exception to the Rossi / Braztech lineup and are completely reliable and good guns for the price.

I have several Winchester New Haven AND Miroku rifles that I have paid almost twice as much for, and the Rossi have yet to disappoint me. I literally called Rossi 10 minutes ago about the 24" Stainless 44 Magnum model, and they do not have any in production or in stock, with no expected production date.

So ... at this time ... I'm going to assume they won't be available anytime soon ... until I see one on my dealer's rack.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I want the rifle with a 24’ barrel in 45 colt! Anyone know if they really are coming back? The Rossi site I was on yesterday didn’t list it!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
What do you guys think about Chiappa ? I’ve heard a few negatives about cycling, they do look pretty nice visually . I see they have several versions of the 1892!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts