Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor is that Rossi is coming out with some new models.
454 Casull Model 92 is coming back and it shows up on their website.
Their version a dark series being introduced.
24 in octagon barrels are back
The website has been updated.

Whether this is all vaporware remains to be seen.

·
Super Moderator
25,793 Posts
For a long time I've wondered why Rossi only had 92's available in 45COLT. About time they add 44MAG, 357MAG, and a 454Casul would make for a great hog rifle.

I know a lot of folks like their Rossi's. My question is whether the quality is like the hit-n-miss Remington puts out?

Jack

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a long time I've wondered why Rossi only had 92's available in 45COLT. /QUOTE]

It was because Rossi was in the process of moving to a new factory, they scaled production way back to only a few models.
They are now in the new factory and are slowly bringing back old models and introducing new ones.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Geez, when will Marlin come out with something new?

Reactions: rob42049

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
For a long time I've wondered why Rossi only had 92's available in 45COLT. About time they add 44MAG, 357MAG, and a 454Casul would make for a great hog rifle.

I know a lot of folks like their Rossi's. My question is whether the quality is like the hit-n-miss Remington puts out?

Jack
JackTW---I know a few Cowboy action shooters with Rossi's. You have to inspect them some were a little rough internally and had to be de-burred. Great that they are coming out with big bore Mag calibers so people can use same Mag ammo as their pistols.

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I'm gonna be all over the 454! And if 480 Ruger comes out again... heaven!

Reactions: Stu and Waffletop

·
Super Moderator
23,490 Posts
There was a store here locally, that was going out of business, and selling
it's stock at cost...We bought my son a Rossi M92 carbine 44mag for Christmas.
He's shot no telling how many boxes of shells through it and swears it hasn't
offered to jam even once.
What I was surprised about, besides how smooth it was, was that it was dead
on at 50 yards right out of the box.
I mean, heck, it ain't a Uberti....but we're real happy with it.
And for what they cost, how could you not be?

·
Super Moderator
25,793 Posts
JackTW---I know a few Cowboy action shooters with Rossi's. You have to inspect them some were a little rough internally and had to be de-burred. Great that they are coming out with big bore Mag calibers so people can use same Mag ammo as their pistols.

That is what I've heard and that it's tough to get warranty work done. I've watched a couple of youtube videos on smoothing up the Rossi action, it doesn't appear to be a difficult job.

Jack

·
Registered
164 Posts
Geez, when will Marlin come out with something new?
They can't reliably supply what is on their web site now much less adding more.
The dark series and the curly maple guns are fairly new releases as well as bringing back the 444.
Ive got a dark series in 444, guess i just need to find a curly maple stock for it and ill have a full blown remlin unicorn.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts