Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a project Rossi 92 stainless from my brother when he passed away. I got it stripped down for a good cleaning and gonna redo the wood. My brother had the finish removed. My problem is I'm missing 4 Sccrews. Each of the screws that hold the barrel bands on. The front screw holding the tang sight on, and the upper most screw on the receiver. I have the stainless model, and can't seem to find parts anywhere. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Maineiac Yes. Very limited parts. I think Numrich only had a hammer spring
@ Mike Good idea. I think I could find the tang screw at a hardware store, but not sure about the others.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jack First Gun Parts has some of the screws you are looking for, unfortunately they are blued and not stainless but you may get the gun closer to running.
Good luck trying to get them from Rossi, getting spare parts from the manufacturer is one of the down sides of Rossi ownership.

REK

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how it would look with black screws. It has a black front sight and a black tang sight

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found 3 of the 4 screws I need at Sportsworld Tulsa. Still looking for the upper tang screw

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found 3 of the 4 screws I need at Sportsworld Tulsa. Still looking for the upper tang screw
Glad its coming together, Stainless 20" R92 in 454 Casull has been on my short list for a few years, keep hearing they are making them again but never see one in stock.
Post some pictures when you get it together along with a range report if you can.

REK

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad its coming together, Stainless 20" R92 in 454 Casull has been on my short list for a few years, keep hearing they are making them again but never see one in stock.
Post some pictures when you get it together along with a range report if you can.

REK
Will do

·
Administrator
27,727 Posts

REK
FWIW, Rossi did produce the 92 454 Casull and I kept noticing a undo amount of them showing up on GB, starting bids we're above MSRP and they were getting bids. Most were dealers acting as profiteers, aggravating to say the least. I wanted a SS one but not willing to bend over paying as much as they were going for.

Jack

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure this one is going up for sale as soon as I can get it respectable. And, I can assure you, I will not be gouging.

·
Super Moderator
12,201 Posts
The Rossi parts are hard to find and are metric to boot. I had to replace a screw on my 92 so drilled & tapped it for a Marlin screw instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts