Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one at a pawn shop, didn't look close but it seemed in decent shape. $69........I think he'd come down a bit. Are these the ones I read about over to RFC that everyone liked? What should I look for to make sure it's the right one to get? Sixty Nine seems cheap if this is one of the good shooters.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Tubby,
I have 2 of these rifles and they both shoot good and are very accurate. They aren't pretty, but I think they could be made to look pretty if a person wanted to take the time. You can't beat the price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Like Sarge, I have two of these. They are M69 and come with a five shot magazine. The $69.00 you saw is what they go for here in Pa at the Gander Mountain stores also. They are good shooters, at least everyone I know that has one has had very good luck with them. I don't know why they are so inexpensive. Glen

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a real good bolt shooter, a Mod 72 made about '49 or so....I just thought it might be a really low price and I could turn it for a profit........Thanks, tho!! TTT

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tubby, I'd try to talk the price down a bit. I paid $49 for mine and I got the pick of the litter. Mine is a very straight shooter, but I swear these things have absolutely the worst trigger ever contrived. The action isn't anything to brag about either. I think they all have their little quirks that you have to learn to live with, but all in all, when you consider the price. they're pretty neat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts