Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the reloaders of .35 Rem
Has anyone used 250 gr bullets? The reason I'm asking is I got a batch of bullets in a lot at an auction. Some .30, .44 and the .35's
There were Hornady 3520 250 gr SP/RP and Speer 2447 250 gr RN. Not looking to run any of them in a tube magazine but I would like to do test loads with them if possible.
Ideas?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I think that they are most likely made for .358 Win and other more powerfull calibers. I don't think that they would be good for hunting in a .35 Rem. caliber rifle because of the low velocity that you could get. However, for just some practice ammo , they would work. Remember to check your O.A. L. when you load them.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Question for the reloaders of .35 Rem
Has anyone used 250 gr bullets? The reason I'm asking is I got a batch of bullets in a lot at an auction. Some .30, .44 and the .35's
There were Hornady 3520 250 gr SP/RP and Speer 2447 250 gr RN. Not looking to run any of them in a tube magazine but I would like to do test loads with them if possible.
Ideas?
The might be fine for shooting, however, you will have to check the velocity range, my thought is you can not run them fast enough for expansion. So, they would not be very effective on game.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I found some old published TC Contender reload data for 250 grain bullets in their 14" barrels chambered for the 35 Rem.
It shows IMR 3031 powder giving a bit over 1600 ft/sec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts