Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roll Tide ????? Oh you mean the Tide got rolled !

When you woke up this morning did you notice that the Tide was out and there was a Tiger in the house?

Clemson 44 Alabama 16.

There was a red tide, blood I suppose from the butt kicking that Alabama took both offensively and defensively!

What a dominating performance from a 6 point underdog against a major power house favorite!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLEMSON TIGERS! The 2019 College National Football Champions! :congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
257 Posts
It was 14-13 when I went to bed (4am wake up). I thought it would be a close one either way. Heard a Bama fan on the radio say..."When your team beats Alabama it is a momentous occasion. When Bama wins it's Saturday." I guess mondays are not a good day to play. They are both great teams.

·
Premium Member
10,743 Posts
I watched it and Alabama made to many mistakes. It was not as lopsided as the score makes it seem but by the 4th quarter it was over pretty much. Alabama had no problem moving the ball on Clemson but made to many mistakes to stay in the game. The first half turnovers really game Clemson a edge. With the defense not slowing Clemson down much they could not afford turnovers and penalty's as they needed to score about every time they got the ball.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I am totally boycotting ALL PRO SPORTS, not to open a can of worms, BUT, just what the hell does someone making five to 35 million dollars, sorry if those figures are not totally correct, a year have to COMPLAIN about????? And did you notice every one of those professions start off with the word PLAYING, football, basketball, soccer, etc. Rant over, but, living in S.C. now, I just had to watch the whole game, Clemson did us all proud, and a true freshman QB, 19 yrs. old, what will he do when he grows up, if he stays healthy?? Any-hoo, just my .02 T Rex

·
Registered
291 Posts
Definitely many happy people in the Upstate this morning. Ironically, my son graduated from Clemson but remained a dyed-in-the-wool Yellow Jacket. Today though, we're all Tiger fans!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It was 14-13 when I went to bed (4am wake up). I thought it would be a close one either way. Heard a Bama fan on the radio say..."When your team beats Alabama it is a momentous occasion. When Bama wins it's Saturday." I guess mondays are not a good day to play. They are both great teams.
Same here. I was surprised as most to wake up to the butt stomp'in score.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am totally boycotting ALL PRO SPORTS, not to open a can of worms, BUT, just what the hell does someone making five to 35 million dollars, sorry if those figures are not totally correct, a year have to COMPLAIN about????? And did you notice every one of those professions start off with the word PLAYING, football, basketball, soccer, etc. Rant over, but, living in S.C. now, I just had to watch the whole game, Clemson did us all proud, and a true freshman QB, 19 yrs. old, what will he do when he grows up, if he stays healthy?? Any-hoo, just my .02 T Rex
Too bad my home state of Georgia can't hold on to #1 QB prospects. First Deshaun, now Trevor.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Clemson played one heck of a game against an Alabama team that dominated everybody else. Clemson capitalized big time on ALL Alabama's mistakes and didn't give Alabama the opportunity to capitalize on theirs. Not only that - but Clemson never let up. You can never back off the pressure against a team like Alabama when you are ahead....

I think this was the first game where Alabama's quarterback had serious pressure - and it showed. He didn't seem to perform well when Clemson started pressuring him and chasing him around. He didn't play the same after the 1st sack. He got nervous and seemed to have trouble with his reads and check downs on alternate receivers.

For example - I saw a lot of plays where Tua looked like he was focused on one play opening up rather than quickly moving on and dumping it off to a shorter open route down field - and then got shut down.... Then you are facing 3rd and long vs the typical 3rd and short which they had no issues converting.

Then there was the fake kick where the 165lb kicker ran straight up the middle into the jaws of an unblocked 350lb D-lineman without a blockerp.. huh? Kickers aren't tailbacks.... Those sort of plays generally revolve around some sort of swing pass to a tight end or running back in the flat....

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I know a lot of folks love the games and the rivalry between these two teams and the Carolina game c.o.c.k.s here in SC, I have never watched the first game and most likely never will,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
23,822 Posts
I am still reflecting on the ups and downs of the last deer season..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts