Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

the inset is the roll stamp, so i posted it again bigger......if i could control myself....i would only "collect" 22's...they are so neat(and more will fit in the safe!) but...i STILL like my sweds and swiss too!
This rifle has a lower than listed serial number as the 'hogger said....(don't look at the finger prints in the picture, as ALL my guns get the RIG treatment) the roll stamp is a seldom seen stamp!
This little rifle has been around for many years..lots of stories are stored in it, it'll be well taken care of! THANKS TO YOU KNOW WHO AGAIN! :wink:
now i'm working on a model 18 to sit beside her! 8)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: there!

kaintuck said:
whoops....... :oops:
:lol:

Nice one Kaintuck! Does the rear sight have a screw for an elevator, or a notched wedge? What do ya think of the half-length mag? Is it a thumb latch? Barrel is quite similar to my often posted 20... Lot's of fun shootin them!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yupper..........

is does have the thumb latch mag, and the rear sight is the wedge type?....no screws~ :p
i haven't shot her yet, but i have 'racked and few thru her..weird how you can't see the "lifter' shove the shells up!

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Good looking little 38 you got there kaintuck! Has it learned any Swedish phrases while spending time with it's safemates? :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought one of them a month or so ago.The slickest take down around. Showed it to my barrel maker friend Chic Donally,he was MORE than impressed,says the new guns could l;earn a heck of a lot by following this bugger.Went out and fired shorts longs and long rifle through her all mixed up to see how she would do.GREAT-- kept asking for more.more...Really happy and proud to own such a beauty.It too has the octagon barrel and the old type magazine.Ain't that safety something else??Well enjoy it,I do mine but I think to be safe,I'll shoot longs and shorts full time.modoc

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Marlinman,

Kaintuck's model 38 doesn't know any Swede, but my spies tell me when he opened the box, it said, "Zdrasti! Kak vas zavoot?" Or one o' them Russky phrases! :wink: SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from baron von kaintuck..........

:shock: the model 38 will be joined by the little sister model 18 next month...(thanks to mm93!). the sweds are watching closely as the new arrival has to be examined and shot prior to being oiled, pampered with RIG, and then covered in a new sock to be placed in line.... 8)

the marlins are gaining on the sweds, but the swiss aren't afraid...yet!
and, yes, there is a NEW swiss that is a little confused....it seems to be speaking Itailan.......or at least I THINK it's Itailan! :wink:

hogger will have to let everyone in on that story! he is the resident expert in "spagetti shooters!".........heheheheee........

and......I am working on a new project... :idea: ...TOP SECRET! I am copying something in the Brophy Book... 8) it may take a couple of weeks, and when done, pictures will follow! Nope! not another "schutzen target" for hogger to win with a "speggetti special"!

so keep tuned in next week boys and girls~ "the weed of crime bares bitter fruit, who knows what lurks in the hearts of men???/ AhAhahaaaa....the Shadow knows~~~~~......... :?: AhaHaHAAHAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
You're not copying those targets that Marlin gave out with their guns back in the 60's are you? I have a number of them, in packets of crows, rabbits, prairie dogs, etc.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heheheheeeeeeeee.........

NOT even close! ahahahahaaaaaaaa...... :D

8)

'secret agent man, secret agent man~ they've given you a number~'and taken away you name~........... 8)

this is gonna be good! :idea:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
kaintucks secret

I tell ya, it's a scale RC model of the Marlin Flying Corps float plane!! It's gonna be just the thing to keep those pesky squills outta the back yard! :wink: Zooooooooom...... Rat-a-tat-tat-tat....... CHIRK!! :shock: SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
You wouldn't be so sacreligious as to use the Marlin horse and rider on a target?!!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Breadbox? Okay, this really dates me, but Mom used one when I was in grade school. Baked bread three times a week & stuffed it in the breadbox. SW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts