Marlin Firearms Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Black Label Society has gotten a lot of people hurt, or their fans have gotten themselves hurt anyways. Can't be running around pretending you're the real deal when you haven't earned it.
Well I am a fan of their music. I am not sure what you mean by their fans getting hurt but I must assume that you are talking about the biker style patches?

·
Super Moderator
13,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Well I am a fan of their music. I am not sure what you mean by their fans getting hurt but I must assume that you are talking about the biker style patches?
I like some of their stuff too, and yes. Can't be running a 3 piece like that. Well you can, but....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
well I put that on idiot biker gangs. I don't blame bls for that. The "colors" are supposed to signify their fanbase belonging to something bigger.
I never really realized this was actually an issue. Are bls fans getting attacked by morons on motorcycles for wearing a Tshirt?

·
Super Moderator
13,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
well I put that on idiot biker gangs. I don't blame bls for that. The "colors" are supposed to signify their fanbase belonging to something bigger.
I never really realized this was actually an issue. Are bls fans getting attacked by morons on motorcycles for wearing a Tshirt?
There are some that cut the BLS society pieces off of a T-shirt and sew them onto a vest in the form of a cut, and then wear it on their motorcycle. Some get asked to take it off or turn it inside out, those that don't often get a beat down. Like it or not, it's a world of tradition and those guys who can wear a 3 piece earned it, and worked hard for it... it's very disrespectful to pretend to be them when you haven't earned it. I must say that I have no sympathy for them as they knew what they were getting into.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There are some that cut the BLS society pieces off of a T-shirt and sew them onto a vest in the form of a cut, and then wear it on their motorcycle. Some get asked to take it off or turn it inside out, those that don't often get a beat down. Like it or not, it's a world of tradition and those guys who can wear a 3 piece earned it, and worked hard for it... it's very disrespectful to pretend to be them when you haven't earned it. I must say that I have no sympathy for them as they knew what they were getting into.
I have to say our opinions are a little different on this front. While I do agree that they know what they are getting themselves into, I see no honor in being a gangbanger, whether it be a white biker gang, crips, bloods, or people running around in white sheets burning crosses. To me they didn't "earn" anything. No matter how you cut it these biker gangs are in man cases violent criminals and Drug dealers. They "earn" their way in by doing things that our society has agreed is illegal.

·
Super Moderator
13,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I have to say our opinions are a little different on this front. While I do agree that they know what they are getting themselves into, I see no honor in being a gangbanger, whether it be a white biker gang, crips, bloods, or people running around in white sheets burning crosses. To me they didn't "earn" anything. No matter how you cut it these biker gangs are in man cases violent criminals and Drug dealers. They "earn" their way in by doing things that our society has agreed is illegal.
Not true at all. You should stop watching gang land. Most of the patch holders I know hold down jobs, some blue collar, some white collar like doctors, nurses, CPA etc..., most have families and take care of them very well, have never committed a crime except maybe speeding, and don't have a criminal record. Do some members of motorcycle clubs commit crimes? Of course, and so do police officers, but does it make them all bad? No. With that being said, it is a different world and they live by different standards than you and I. If someone goes out and impersonates a police officer they get more than just a beat down. If one wants to wear a 3 piece cut they should get acquainted with a club that fits with their values (family, profession oriented, veteran oriented, 1%, or just a general brotherhood type of club), go through the hang around, and prospect periods and earn that right to wear a 3 piece. The only reason I bring it up is because I don't want to see anyone get hurt or ego's get swollen over some trivial crap that could be prevented.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
First off I don't even know what gang land is. Never seen it. But if they are the type of people who attack others for wearing a patch on their back then they are some real winners I would suppose. Your point about imitating officers is totally off topic as the police are public servants and it is a LAW that you aren't allowed to impersonate them. This thread did get off topic though. My original post was just to show surprise that no members have mentioned bls and I thought their music would fit in with some of the others on the list. Not trying to start any deeper issue or discussion. It appears that we may have disagreements when it comes to this subject but we share interest in some music and in guns.

·
Super Moderator
13,277 Posts
It's worse then that Travis. They used to have the real ones that look like cuts just like the band wears available as rewards for their fan club, but now they are coming out with them and the patch set for sale to the public on their website so get ready to see a lot of those on sport bikes soon. That patch looks way too much like Charlie so I wouldn't want to be within a 100 miles of an Outlaws chapter with one of those on, that is just tempting fate.

A lot of the fans honestly don't have a clue about it Travis and wouldn't know until they get put in check. Some of their fans think that all bikers are metal heads, but they are going to be in for a rude awakening because at least half of them are country fans and they wouldn't know or care who Zakk Wylde or BLS is! I really like their music, but Zakk rides and should know better. He claims it symbolizes the brotherhood of the fan base but I think that it is just a huge marketing scheme personally. :shot:

·
Super Moderator
13,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
It's worse then that Travis. They used to have the real ones that look like cuts just like the band wears available as rewards for their fan club, but now they are coming out with them and the patch set for sale to the public on their website so get ready to see a lot of those on sport bikes soon. That patch looks way too much like Charlie so I wouldn't want to be within a 100 miles of an Outlaws chapter with one of those on, that is just tempting fate.

A lot of the fans honestly don't have a clue about it Travis and wouldn't know until they get put in check. Some of their fans think that all bikers are metal heads, but they are going to be in for a rude awakening because at least half of them are country fans and they wouldn't know or care who Zakk Wylde or BLS is! I really like their music, but Zakk rides and should know better. He claims it symbolizes the brotherhood of the fan base but I think that it is just a huge marketing scheme personally. :shot:
Yessir.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts