Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion regarding a good rifle sling for an 1894? I just looking for something comfortable to carry it with when I'm afield. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I got a Michaels sling attachment kit and ordered a Marlin leather sling from the website for my 1894. It looks like it was factory shipped that way after installation -- the sling even says Marlin on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 1894SS came equipped with swivels and i took a piece of 1" olive-drab nylon strap and a needle and some 8lb Stren...and in about 15 minutes I had a good looking liteweight strap. :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
buckeyeshooter said:
I got a Michaels sling attachment kit and ordered a Marlin leather sling from the website for my 1894. It looks like it was factory shipped that way after installation -- the sling even says Marlin on it.

Does that sling attach via QD swivels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
buckeyeshooter said:

Does that sling attach via QD swivels?

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
I also use the Marlin leather slings. I have them on all my Marlin lever guns.
They're well made w/ Q/D swivels and compliment the lines of the rifle.

Tomray

·
Registered
13 Posts
1894C sling

Hi, all. First post.

I got a great braided sling from Cowboy By Design in Judith Gap, Montana. A bit pricy, but monogrammed and very good quality.

My winter project is replacing the stock on my 1894C with one from Treebone down in New Mexico, installing their metal semi-crescent buttplate, thinning the forend, refinishing both, then installing the kit to remove the cross-bolt safety, and maybe a new trigger from Brownells.

Kinda nuts putting this much money on an 1894C I guess, but I want to start doing both mechancial and cosmetic stuff on my guns and figure this is as good a project as any on which to start.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the old tried and true military leather sling, especially on light weight rifles like my Cowboy Limited. I have equipped other long guns with studs and use it extensively on my 870 shotgun and my 39-A. I imagine that it will see plenty more "hosts" before its all over as well. A sling is much like the boots aman wears, it must be comfortable and suit its user.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts