Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a round that would allow me to zero in my 30-30 336CS. Tried three different rounds:
1) Leverevolution = 160gr looks like a shotgun at 100yds, can't get anything that resembles tight groups.
2) Remington Core Lokt = 170 started getting groups but they were about 3 to 3.5".
) Hornady 150gr RN = Finally got it zeroed at 2.0" high at 100yds with 1.0 to 1.5" groups.

It took me about 60rds to get zeroed, I kept shooting the reveloution 160gr and kept looking for faults (mine) and nothing changed until I changed ammo.

I now want to try Hornady's 170gr RN and see if they shoot as good as the 150gr. I see you guys always posting about how rifles will like one round but not others. I am now a believer. Funny thing about the leverevolution 35rem 200gr, my 35Rem just loves it.

fknipfer

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
My new xlr likes Winchester Power Points better than Hornady at 100 yds..

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunjunkie,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try some Winchester next week. Every Tuesday is my shooting day. But sometimes I go shoot on Thursday also.

fknipfer

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I have found Winchester 150 gr power points to be accurate in all my 30-30s. I would give them a try.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
fknipfer,

It took me 7 brands/weights to find the round my thuty thuty likes.

Dave 8)

G

·
fknipfer said:
Gunjunkie,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try some Winchester next week. Every Tuesday is my shooting day. But sometimes I go shoot on Thursday also.

fknipfer

I got the best results with Leverevolution in my XLR , but it liked Winchester 150 grain Silvertips almost as well . The Winchester 170 grain Silvertips preformed well in the XLR also . Worst group out of these three was about 1.75" for 3 at 100 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts