Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Western Auto Revelation Model 150M, (which if I'm not mistaken is the same as the Model 49). I've had it for over 30 years and its been a great little rifle. I took the trigger group out the other day to clean it and the little white plastic piece at the rear of the group (I'm assuming its the bolt stop) had gotten brittle and broken into pieces. Can that be replaced? Also, the hammer spring came out and I put it back in (after I dug it from behind the bookshelf), but when I went to shoot again the trigger won't pull. I took it back apart, but I don't see what could be keeping it from firing. The hammer is in the cocked position and the safety is off, but the trigger won't pull. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The white plastic part is called the buffer and it is an item thats gets replaced often in older Marlin semiautos. Your local gunsmith might have it, or you can get it online from any of the parts suppliers and even Ebay.
When you disassembled the action, you probably got something out of place, which is why you have the trigger problem. It sounds like the disconnector is most likely the culprit, but without seeing it, I am just guessing. Study this stickey from the forum see if anything stands out for you. It will also show you how avoid hunting for the hammer spring from behind the bookshelf.
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/rimfires/18606-arrowdodgers-model-60-power-point-presentation.html

The Model 49 is the forerunner of the Model 60 and is very similar internally. There are also many videos on YouTube that illustrate how to put the action back together.
Take it all apart again when you get the replacement buffer, and use the online resources to help you get it back together again correctly. If you still have problems, we are here to help you figure it out.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Like Marvlin said, I suspect the Disconnector as well. The Disconnector might be jammed up from the spring-plate-bridge being flipped around. The hammer spring seats against that spring-plate-bridge and you may have flipped it when you reassembled it. It easily rolls around without a spring against it. That small S-P-B has a notch on one side for the Disconnector space. I had to look at it a couple times at first to realize it is not symmetrical.

Either that or a lil piece-o-buffer fell into the trigger assembly. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I took the trigger group back out and flipped the hammer strut bridge over so that the notch would allow the disconnector to function and it works fine! I just need to get a new buffer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello I have a revelation 355 y-e aka Springfield 947YE I was wondering how old is it and I have taken the trigger assembly apart and now I can't get it to stay in place so that I can put the pins in help please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts