Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Officially 8-3-20 I become a retiree, I guess I'm joining an elite group of people that have done their time, I know "on the clock" I have logged 52 years, although probably like most here we've put in many hours at labor with little or no pay.
On Friday past, which was my last working day, my co-workers presented me with two gifts and a signed card.... also I was presented a plaque from where I worked and certificate of commendation from the state. Also received a card signed by a few of the inmates I had working under my guidance thanking me for teaching them things they could use when they get out. I'm guessing the Lord is done with his work there with me..... Next up in life.....THE HONEY DO LIST!馃ぃ and the unknown.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
got this gizmo ...been eyeing it a lot lately, need to clean house a bit though, the Mrs. gets on it every morning by pulling on the overhead crossbar. I'm sure there's plenty to keep me going around here for at least a year or two. Looking forward to getting the basement all cleaned out, seal the walls and paint them, power wash 'em first. Got a bunch of reloading to do to relax with, get back into fishing and due to some prior health issues that have kept me away....back to shooting...got a 45/70 CB screaming to go and try 330 meter gongs!

Super Moderator
Congrats, Dave. Nice recognition of your contribution to society. I'd say keep busy, but I'm sure you're wife has that covered. LOL

Oh, that bottle of Crown Royal should have been CR Black. HA!

Enjoy your second life with that 1895CB!

Jack

Registered
Congrats, MR. DIXON!! you have earned the accolades of your peers.
From a fellow retiree who retired in 2004 I have one bit of advice. STAY ACTIVE!
doesn't matter what you do, stay physically active.
Oh, and David.....retirement is everything you hoped it would be! Mike

Premium Member
Congrats! Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Premium Member
Officially 8-3-20 I become a retiree, I guess I'm joining an elite group of people that have done their time, I know "on the clock" I have logged 52 years, although probably like most here we've put in many hours at labor with little or no pay.
On Friday past, which was my last working day, my co-workers presented me with two gifts and a signed card.... also I was presented a plaque from where I worked and certificate of commendation from the state. Also received a card signed by a few of the inmates I had working under my guidance thanking me for teaching them things they could use when they get out. I'm guessing the Lord is done with his work there with me..... Next up in life.....THE HONEY DO LIST!馃ぃ and the unknown. View attachment 821173 View attachment 821172
View attachment 821171 View attachment 821170
Congratulations on your retirement. We may be related somewhere down the line as my mothers side and her maiden name is Dixon.

Registered
Congrats Sir! Enjoy a nice, looooong, healthy retirement!

Registered
Congratulations! Hope you live long and prosperous. It seems that you are on the right track, with that exercise machine. I hope to put this grin behind myself, in a few.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts