Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time to retire my 1939 16 ga marlin 90 from the trap range, kind of wore it out, will use it as a backup, replaced it with a Browning citori lightning 16 ga. I am going to set it up just like the marlin with an adjustable comb from Tronspace and a morgan adjustable butt plate. figure this gun will out live me and with the interchangeable chokes, more versatile.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
The old O/U Marlins are tough to give up. Great shotgun!!
Any idea of how many rounds you put through yours before she needed a nap?
I've a 12GA that I don't think had a lot of use until I got it.. then I put maybe
1000 rds. through it. I'd like to use it more, but I'd hate to over use my Marlin.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The old O/U Marlins are tough to give up. Great shotgun!!
Any idea of how many rounds you put through yours before she needed a nap?
I've a 12GA that I don't think had a lot of use until I got it.. then I put maybe
1000 rds. through it. I'd like to use it more, but I'd hate to over use my Marlin.
A guy named Weagle posted the following comment on Shotgun World in 2007 about his 12 ga. Model 90 made in 1950 with 30" barrel's. I'm pretty sure he posted later that he had then put over 15,000 rounds through it.

I've put around 10,000 rounds through mine in less than a year and it's still shows absolutely zero signs of wear in the action. There's no telling how many rounds were put through it in the 57 years before I bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.