Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I joined because I've inherited a 1894 25-20 early model that has the sites, mag tube (very long), forend and cap missing
and I need help finding, first the mag tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Neither Brownells nor Numrich have anything
long enough.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... Check the Forum section for Model specific clubs... Join up... Then enjoy...

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana Joe. I have an'94 made in 1895 so I understand what you are going through. Finding parts can be a challenge. You would benefit by poking around the site in the HYPHENATES, 1894, ANTIQUE, GUNSMITHING AND THE FOR SALE SECTION. eBay, Gunbroker and any other site may be a source for the parts you need. Search, search and search some more. There are several stockmakers that have duplicate stocks that require fitting and finish. Make sure that the parts are for an old 1894 as some are different than current production. And if you come across a good 1894 hammer and trigger let me know. :biggrin:

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Joe, glad to have ya with us! Have patience, some of the old parts take time to show up. I hate to say it, but Ebay is were I have found most of the parts I was looking for. Good luck in the search.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome aboard Joe. You'll find good advice here. Best of luck getting that .25-20 going.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Good luck on your restoration -- pics are required by the way:biggrin: John

·
Premium Member
24,614 Posts
Hello, I joined because I've inherited a 1894 25-20 early model that has the sites, mag tube (very long), forend and cap missing
and I need help finding, first the mag tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Neither Brownells nor Numrich have anything
long enough.

YA-AT-EEH!
and WELCOME from Central Texas, Brother.

I did a restoration on my 1892 25/20 awhile back...
this is the scource I used....very helpful....nice folks:

www.homesteadparts.com/shopcart/Winchester_1892.htm

Now, if what you have is a 25/20...it should be a 1892...
if it is an 1894, it should be a 25/35.....
Either way, this is the scource you need, just pick up the
phone and call them.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum from South Jersey...

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Joe and Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 #1214
cajunjohn

"This is America" "Everyone's got a bone to pick,"

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

1 - 20 of 26 Posts