Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my day after cataract surgery checkup today and it looks like I'm back to 20/20 in my left eye. I'm going for the right eye surgery next Wednesday and hope for the same results next Thursday. I can see so much better now and can't wait to get down to some real shootin. Wish I had done this a few years back.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why did I decide to have it done. Blurred vision mostly, hard to read street signs, tag numbers and night driving was getting terrible. The doctor that's doing mine is Andre Cohen at the Marietta Eye Clinic in the Atlanta, Ga. area. I went to him 2 years ago and didn't have it done then because I was call out of town for work. It just got to the point where it had to get done. I found myself feeling for the screw holes to mount the scopes and rings a month ago and I said that's it, gotta go get this done. Now the only problem is I can see how badly the house needs cleaning.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
I myself has the very early stages of cataracts in both eyes! How long are if they ripen can't tell! But I want hesitate to get the surgery done!
Glad to see your eyesight improved, Desperado! Just think it will be much easier to fine those Marlins in LGS and pawnshops.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
844 Posts
My wife tells me this is among the most common surgeries performed in the U.S. these days. She told me not to worry. If you have a good surgeon you are VERY likely to have good results. When you get your vision checked ask those people who they would have work on their father.

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
I have to set up the appointment soon, I am right eye dommanet at 25 yds it was hard to see the target.

Reactions: Desparodo

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
5-1-19 I had my surgery in & out in 20 min, I went back yesterday for a checkup all is good I can see very well again. If you have this geter done, you will be amazed at how well you see after it is done.

Reactions: 256WinMag

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been a few weeks now since I had the right eye done and went back for a follow up yesterday. Got 20/20 both eyes and seeing very well now. When at the pawn shop I can spot those Marlins from across the room.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I had both eyes done. what a difference. And improvement fast. The surgery was as pain free as anything. Don't hesitate to have this procedure done, they have come a long way. The only problem will be getting new glasses fast enough.

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
I had my 2 wk check up she told me my eye was 20-20 it is so nice to see well again.

Reactions: Desparodo
1 - 17 of 17 Posts