Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a new Marlin XS7VH .308w... I want to change a stock.. Does anybody know, if the Boyds stocks fit
to this heavy barrel model? Or exist some other stocks for this model??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im sure that the action screws would be the same but you have to do a lot of wood work to get that bull barrel to fit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good, someone has a heavy barrel. The Marlin bro. showed a syn. stock & the spec. sheet said walnut.
Since Marlin didn't know what they were selling, can you tell us which stock they used ?
thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
More importantly, where did you get one? I have been waiting for them to ship, and the last word I got about a week ago was they VH wasn't shipping until late summer early fall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made an order 1month ago and have a luck, at this time was some on the way from USA to Europe (Czech republic), so I got it last week.. The original synthetic stock is the same like on the other XS7/XL7 models, just the channel for the barrel is made wider.. But when inside is wider and external dimension is the same, i see the edge at the end of the stock very thin and flexible..

·
Registered
242 Posts
pepa.zl said:
I made an order 1month ago and have a luck, at this time was some on the way from USA to Europe (Czech republic), so I got it last week.. The original synthetic stock is the same like on the other XS7/XL7 models, just the channel for the barrel is made wider.. But when inside is wider and external dimension is the same, i see the edge at the end of the stock very thin and flexible..
Yea, that makes sense that it would be more flexible with some of the "meat" removed. I wonder if a groove could be cut, install a rod & epoxy bed? Does it come with a pressure point like the others?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would suggest the boyds stock of your choice (whichever has the most wood surrounding the factory light barrel) and use a wooden dowel of approx the same diameter of the barrel wrapped in coarse sandpaper to modify the barrel channel. It will take a couple of hours but you should be able to get satisfactory results.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Lt Wt Ross has enough meat to house the Heavy Barrel ... I would Install pillars and Metal Trigger Guard Plus bedding It makes a winning combo . Hope it Helps DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts