Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The obvious answer is - Maybe

Only if you do not like the way your rifle co-ordinates with your wardrobe.

Perhaps your money could be spent on real targets or at least full sheets of paper. ::)

I am doing a lots of work and spending a pretty penny with the hope my rifle will grow up to shoot groups like your pic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I know it a personal decision, I have been drooling for two years. :'(
My XL7 is my first NEW rifle, BEST group ever and It has composite stock (was on sale)
I cannot hold gun or pull trigger now, :( but trying to get built up enough for hunting season in ground blind. (very embarassing) if I don't make it to go hunting, I can still enjoy the looks! and maby next year.
I'm not complaining, I am still here!
I just think with a wooden stock I could be proud of looks and its ability.
am I crazy? Please don't answer that! LOL
would you consider restocking knowing that for now its just for looks and maby in future for use?

·
Registered
66 Posts
In my opinion there is something to be said for the way the rifle feels after putting it in some wood. Before it just felt, kinda, well, cheap. Don't get me wrong the synthetic stock has it's place because it makes for a nice light easy to carry rifle but personally I'm willing to sacrifice an extra pound or so for feel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He doesn't make stocks (i dont think) but he is fantastic at putting your stock on your gun. taking a good gun and turning it into something special!
he's a nice guy also. look thru past posts to see examples of his work.

·
Registered
638 Posts
otr1952 I will pray for a speedy recovery for you.

As for Dan he does not build stocks. He will however help you select one to go with depending on your build. There are some things that will determine the stock design to go with other than just taste lol.

Boyd's stocks are nice but as have been mentioned many times they do not have pillars installed of which is a good idea. Plus to be blunt about there recoil pad as in what recoil pad lol. That is another item for many that should also be replaced.

But Dan will make custom pillars to fit that stock and action and then Bed the action as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
how much of a difference does the custom pillars and the bedded action? I am only accurate with one round and I would like to have the chance to use other weights

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Isn,t DD the one who got kicked off of here a couple years ago?Or do I have him mixed up with someone else.I think it was about a 30-30 thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts