Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Riflemen-I doubt that most of ole crust characters here have a clue but I'm hoping you do Anna. I have one of thos annaverseries( :) ) coming up in a couple weeks and wonder what might be an inexpensive but meaningful gift to give my bride of 34 (I think) years. I will give her an over night river trip and a couple days of escape and good fishing as the primary gift but I need to slip something extra and unexpected in there as well. Any ideas are welcome, just remember this woman has made my life and attitude as an adult. Life is good, BestLever Yes guys, jokes are allowed :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
This why you were asking bout the 22 in the big bore forum? I think its a great Idea myself. :D

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Put your thoughts into written words for her. It will be something she will cherish forever.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Make up a "special for her" photo album. Under each special photo (get some other lady to help you pick which photos to use) write something "cute" and loving......I'm tellin' ya, you'll be the featured guest on Oprah after that one :wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,953 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
Make up a "special for her" photo album. Under each special photo (get some other lady to help you pick which photos to use) write something "cute" and loving......I'm tellin' ya, you'll be the featured guest on Oprah after that one :wink:
What has he ever done to you? I wouldn't wish Oprah on my worst enemy!

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I agree with One-eye Dave, write down how you feel she's changed your life and put it with a rose or roses. I've found (after 38 yrs) my wife likes to go to a day spa, so I get her a gift certificate for a massage of pedicure or any of the many things they have on the menu, it's always the right size,color, and style. :D :D :D :D

Congradulations on 34 yrs.

·
Registered
702 Posts
BestLever said:
Hello Riflemen-I doubt that most of ole crust characters here have a clue but I'm hoping you do Anna. I have one of thos annaverseries( :) ) coming up in a couple weeks and wonder what might be an inexpensive but meaningful gift to give my bride of 34 (I think) years. I will give her an over night river trip and a couple days of escape and good fishing as the primary gift but I need to slip something extra and unexpected in there as well. Any ideas are welcome, just remember this woman has made my life and attitude as an adult. Life is good, BestLever Yes guys, jokes are allowed :lol:
Respect Ah .. Ok .. here some for ya.. ya winnie farm girl..

First pack a lunch ... Next! make sure you have a pack sack . ya do remmber what thay look like ? Right :idea:

Next haul you old butt all the 3 miles up the road and get your press

Little farm girls never liss..%^*^^&^^&$^&^%$

G

·
A friend of mine used to buy his wife a new shotgun every year, although she didn't hunt, or shoot. He, of course, would lovingly break in the newly aquired shotgun for her. POWDERMAN. :p :p :p :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Riflemen-Great stuff and I thank you. And you guys can be a hoot as well, Leverdude :lol: Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bestlever,
The title of your thread is one of the greatest gifts you
can give your wife...RESPECT. The river trip sounds like
fun, especially if she enjoys those things. I also think
that VTDW and Tubby had good ideas also... the photo
album and the written words w/a rose. Also, the day at
the spa would make her feel like a new woman, but she
may not be into that sort of thing or not be available in
your neck of the woods.

Just make sure you let her know how much she means
to you and that whatever you do it's something SHE enjoys!

Anna

·
Super Moderator
15,953 Posts
Not trying to be a sentimental old fool but for my wife I told her.....

YOUR LOVE HAS GOT ME THROUGH TIMES OF NO MONEY FAR BETTER THAN MY MONEY HAS GOT ME THROUGH TIMES OF NO LOVE.

EVERYONE KNOWS I LOVE YOU; FOR YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN! WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW IS: I DON'T LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL; RATHER, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

YOUR BEST KISSES ARE LIKE REAL TEARS; THEY CAN'T BE HELD BACK.

She will be putty in your hands!!!!!

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Dawie gets the Golden Ring the rest of you must not be married or had long term relationships with the opposite sex-same sex does not count.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I dunno bout you guys. You make it so dern hard when its really simple. Buy her a rifle & tape a card to it. :) I say nice things to my wife all the time, why wait for a special ocasion? I tell my kids the same thing, to make sure those important to you know how you feel as you never know what tomorow may bring. You wait for a special ocasion & maybe the day before it gets here a bigfoot stomps yur head or a giant stripped bass drags you under hows that special person gonna know how you feel? I tell my wife & kids I love them every day before work. Sometimes they dont like it much to get woke up at 5:30 am for a kiss & an I love you but I reckon they'd remember that if something was to happen to me during the day.
I never go to sleep mad at them neither, something my Grandfather drummed into my head that stuck. :D We have fights like everyone but its important to me that they all understand they are my world.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I, as a woman, think that Annabelle gave you some good
advice, but I also agree with what Leverdude just said; I
also make it a practice to let my hubby (Eagle Eye 444)
and daughter know how much I love them and we never
part ways, not even a trip to the corner store, without
kissing each other bye and saying 'I love you'. Some of
you might think that's a bit much, but you never know
when it may be the last time you can do so!

Braveheart

1 - 15 of 15 Posts