Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I found a mid 1950's 39a at a friendspawn shop that he had no idea what to do with. The time was way overdo for the owner to pick up. Long store short I was able to pick itup for not much money. They only thing wrong with it is the stock hasbeen butchered and the original butt plat is missing. The gun shootgreat just does not fit right do to stock butchered. I looked at Boydand did not see anything for the 39a.

Does anyone know were I could pick upfurniture for it?

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Look on ebay they some times have quite a few stocks on there. If Im not mistacken the stock for a 336 will fit a 39. I was looking one over good and I cant see any differance. Is your fore arm in OK shape?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fore arm is okay, if I could replace it I think I will. The stock is just trashed. I talked to 1 gun smith and he claims they need a serial number to order a stock. Sounds kind of fishy to me, then again I do not know a lot about them outside they are a blast to shoot. This one will give me my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] 1956

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Look on ebay they some times have quite a few stocks on there. If Im not mistacken the stock for a 336 will fit a 39. I was looking one over good and I cant see any differance. Is your fore arm in OK shape?
I was looking at my 336s and 39As.The stocks may interchange .Would be a good temp replacement till you find one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the info guys! Withlooking at new furniture, maybe I should look at rebluing her. Mostof the bluing is gone and this would have her looking like new.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone tried the stock and forearmfrom Bobs gun shop? If so what was the fit and finish like?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I have the stock and forend Sharkey references. The butt inletting fit a Glenfield 30 exactly as Sharkey describes. The forearm would not work on the 30-30. Just not enough wood. The forearm was for an octagon barrel 39a. Sharkey described the fitting for a .22. Both pieces are nicely figured. Sell at my cost. If interested, send a personal message.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts