Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
You did good, so when are you getting a 56 & 62???

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You did good, so when are you getting a 56 & 62???
56? Maybe...

62? They've been out of my price range, but I never say never.

·
Registered
158 Posts
A 62 in .30 Carbine has always interested me! Would be a great compliment to an M1!

Love buying guns to keep other guns company through a shared interest in ammo or mags!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I always wonder about the availability of magazines for the older rifles like the 56 & 62. That's why I prefer tubular magazines on the older rifles.

Reactions: Da Duke

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I like a tube magazine better because it's one less thing for me to lose
Absolutely! Not to mention how expensive some of those magazines are these days.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm not sure about 56 magazines, but 62's are available, just a bit expensive. I think I paid about $60 to replace a worn one on my 256 Win mag.

Congrats on your 57. It should clean up nicely. Marlin put some pretty nice wood on all the Levermatics I've seen.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm looking forward to having my 57 all finished and ready to last another lifetime.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always wonder about the availability of magazines for the older rifles like the 56 & 62. That's why I prefer tubular magazines on the older rifles.
As someone who has been watching the market on mags for the 56 and my H&R Model 165 Leatherneck, I can tell you there aren't many original options out there and they aren't cheap. $75-$80 a piece.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As someone who has been watching the market on mags for the 56 and my H&R Model 165 Leatherneck, I can tell you there aren't many original options out there and they aren't cheap. $75-$80 a piece.

Yep, that's pricey!

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My model 57 parts from Numrich should arrive tomorrow. I don't plan on starting the restoration anytime soon. My summertime chore list is still too long, like cutting trees down for firewood and some projects around the house and garage.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well when you get to it, please post some pics!

I'll start a new thread once I start the restoration, complete with plenty of pics.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The parts were delivered yesterday, but I the restoration won't start for a few months. I can't wait to get started, but it's not very high on my priority list right now. It'll make a great winter project.

Reactions: Ret_Eng
21 - 34 of 34 Posts