Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't stand it any longer...rescued a 1964 336RC 35REM from the layaway where it sat un-loved since I put it there 4 weeks ago. When I got it home I thought the rear sight was bent.
Picked up some Remington 150gr and Hornady 200gr and went to the range. Man this thing shoots nice. :D :D :D
Puts bigger holes in the paper than the ol' 30-30.
It seemed to like the Hornady 200s out to 100 yds. Guess the rear sight wasn't bent.
Gotta go to the longer range (maybe Sat) to see how it shoots over 100yds.
It was just too cool to fire the 35 then switch to the 30-30 then switch back to the 35 and so on. Just too cool to see those two lever guns sitting there...one one 42 years old and the other 70 years old.
Gotta get more ammo...maybe som Rem 200gr.
I know I don't have to tell you guys but...this is great :lol:
Not sure what the previous owner used to clean it but he let it run down the butt stock...so now it's got a dark streek running from the tang to the butt plate. Sort of distinctive 8)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice Midnight, Nice... I also have that combo.. 30-30 and 35... I love looking at them... I can't wait to add a 39 or a 45-70... Probably the 39....

I hate the shotgun line here in Michigan... If I wanna shoot I have to go to a range... or drive half way up the state....

Chad

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Sounds like you did well. It will be one of those guns, that the more you shoot it, the more you like it. :D

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Back sight probably was bent to adjust where that rifle needed it to be right on. Lots of folks have done self adjustment to get a sight dead on. Good buy and sounds like a fun shooter/game getter.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I like both these guns. Funny thing is I paid the same for the 35 as I paid for the 1936.
250 for the 35 was probubly a fair price. Neither the seller of the Model 1936 nor I knew what that 30-30 was worth. We started at 200 and setled on 250. :? After some investigation I find the 1936 is worth 3 to 4 times what I paid for it. 8) It's still going to the woods this fall. :wink:
Thinking of a low power scope for the 35. Would like to try a Williams but think it'll be a scope.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Midnight Rider said:
Yea, I like both these guns. Funny thing is I paid the same for the 35 as I paid for the 1936.
250 for the 35 was probubly a fair price. Neither the seller of the Model 1936 nor I knew what that 30-30 was worth. We started at 200 and setled on 250. :? After some investigation I find the 1936 is worth 3 to 4 times what I paid for it. 8) It's still going to the woods this fall. :wink:
Thinking of a low power scope for the 35. Would like to try a Williams but think it'll be a scope.

put a 2x7x33 leupold rifleman on it.. you will never regret it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts