Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I called Marlin to get a Stainless Straight Grip Lever for the 336SSLTD and the person I spoke with (Logan) gave me this number G5010350-00.
That number is the new Rem number for the original Marlin 501035.

Lately I trust no one over there so I looked up that number before I placed the order and good thing I did.

That number is the SS PG Lever for the 336SS

Anyone with the correct part number?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
lot_45 said:
Hello,

I called Marlin to get a Stainless Straight Grip Lever for the 336SSLTD and the person I spoke with (Logan) gave me this number G5010350-00.
That number is the new Rem number for the original Marlin 501035.

Lately I trust no one over there so I looked up that number before I placed the order and good thing I did.

That number is the SS PG Lever for the 336SS

Anyone with the correct part number?

Thanks

Good luck on the part number and finding one of those levers....... They only made 500 of those rifles.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
An 1895gs lever will work on your rifle! (Square stainless)

There's plenty of used ones floating around..

In fact I have a spare one if you're interested??

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
mainecat said:
An 1895gs lever will fit your rifle! (Square stainless)

There's plenty of used ones floating around..

In fact I have a spare one if you're interested??

The 336SSLTD is chambered for .35Rem and according to Tomray, in his previous posts on this subject, a 1895 lever will not work
for a .35Rem......only a .30-30

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I thought an 1895 lever could be used on a 336, but not the other way around?? :-\

I'll give it try and check it out..

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In "many" cases the 1895 45-70 lever "can" be used for the 336 in 30-30 but "usually never" works for the 336 35 Rem.

30-30 has rim and the 35 Rem is rimless.

Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Brownells lists the same PN for the lever for 30-30, 35 Rem and 444M...same with Gun Parts Corp...you might give them a call to verify what is going on.

My 30-30 revamped to 356W and now to 444 has no problems using the OEM 30-30 finger lever.

LUCK

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NFG,

Good point you made there. As the pictue shows... This is the most norm... but I have seen the lever marked 35 Rem used on 30-30's as well.
As far as the 444... I have none but agree with your findings based on the amount of other post on this forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,192 Posts
FWIW, I have a 336SSLTD and a 1895GS. I found this thread interesting so I installed the 1895 lever into the LTD a few minutes ago for comparison. I found it fed and cycled dummy .35 Remington rounds without any problems, no jams etc...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KS,
That's very interesting... Is there a slight difference in you GS lever that makes it look a bit different than the 1895 lever I pictured ?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I understand it the 336 carrier uses a "rocker" that must be "fit" to the lever to keep the timing correct. As long as the timing is maintained then all is well. Here is a picture of the front edge and back edge of the levers so you can seen how the timing may be affected. The order of levers from left to right is 1895 30-30 35 Rem.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
kingstrider said:
FWIW, I have a 336SSLTD and a 1895GS. I found this thread interesting so I installed the 1895 lever into the LTD a few minutes ago for comparison. I found it fed and cycled dummy .35 Remington rounds without any problems, no jams etc...
I used an 1895 lever which I had Muleman refabricate into a large loop when I converted my .35 XLR to SG and although I've only run about 35-40 rounds through it at this point, it's functioned w/o a hitch. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,192 Posts
I forgot all about it but I too did a 35 XLR straight grip conversion using parts from a 1895 SDT as shown here:
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,83326.0.html
I didn't mention it before because the gun has been at the gunsmith since January and the guy has been backed up ever since. I'm told it will be done this week so we'll see...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts