Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for not including price and shipping info on original post, this is a repost for my 444 for sale.

Owned the gun for a over a year, personally put about 40 shots through her. She shoots excellent and functions flawlessly. Its a 444 S manufactured in 1981, before the cross block safety was added so its a desirable year. The gun is in great shape, has a few minor handling marks and some small spots I touched up with cold blue. I replaced all the visible screws in the receiver with factory NOS so they look awesome and aren't buggered up. No rust, bore is the microgroove rifling, in great condition. Very nice wood stock with original finish. On the rifle is a Nikon Monarch 3 African 1-4 X 20 scope ($280 new) with a German #4 reticle mounted on a Warne base with Leupold rifleman low rings. Rings were lapped and scope installed the right way; The scope is as low as it can get on this gun and suits it perfectly, very quick and excellent field of view.

$700 for rifle , $850 with scope and extras

Here's the extras:
-40? once shot Remington brass and 20? Lever revolution shorty brass (may be a couple rounds shy)
-75 Bear Tooth Bullets 290g LFN GC boolits

Possible trade + Cash for Ruger super blackhawk .44 mag or Ruger redhawk .480 with or without scopes.

The first "I'll take it" and PM gets her!
Specific shipping details can be negotiated after sales. I expect $25-$35 shipping charges for Postal priority 2nd day.

IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0920.JPG IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1050.JPG

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
Very nice T4-S... tempting it is!

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Very nice looking 444!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's correct, it is a 1 in 38 microgroove. Rifling/bore is excellent. The gun is an excellent example of a well maintained un-molested original rifle with only minor wear that would be expected on any rifle of this age. It's not a safe queen but by no means a beater at all.

thanks for the kind words about my 444, it's hard to put her for sale but I'm excited for my shorty 444P soon.

BONUS! If anyone on here buys the whole package I'll throw in a blaze orange "team 444" hat that we had custom made for team 444 members. Sorry, Im keeping my camo one :)
IMG_1041.JPG

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take that scope for $150 if you want to cut it loose.
I'm going to wait and see if she sells as a package first. If the buyer wants just the rifle then we can work out a deal for the scope but I don't think $150 will do it. The scope was $289 and is like new still with the box, only been to range 2 or 3 times never hunted with it on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
congrats....If that blaze orage hat is still available I am interested....
Sure give me a shout and I'm sure we can work something out ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
Cuda, congrats on selling the rifle.

Sold = closed. You can list your scope in the Optics and All Gun Sights Forum.

Jack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.