Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!
I need to put a new lower tang on my 336 and want to know if this is something I can do w/o disconnecting any of the internals from the receiver? I have rudimentary gunsmithing skills and need to know before I make a mess out of something that's gonna end up w/ my gunsmith when I get the new lever anywho! Please advise.
Thanks as always!
BB
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
First many sellers treat the lower tang like it is the whole receiver, won't sell to a non FFL. If you already have one then go to the reference section and look for the post on changing a straight grip to pistol grip or pistol grip to straight grip. Just removing the tang is easier yet. So if you feel compfortable with the instructions there you should have no problem.
Link to reference section post you need.
http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=487

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last screw won't come out!

The only problem I'm having is that the last screw on the right side of rcv'r won't come out completely. It keeps screwing but won't come out.
Also, what should I know about the spring-loaded mechanism behind the trigger that apparently controls the hammer? I assume this will pop out when I remove the tang/triger plate, no? Please advise if possible.
Thanks again!
Billy Boy
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
put a rag around the spring and bar, push from one side near the bottom tang and it will slide out of the notch it rests in and you won't have to go find the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts