Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing the rear sight on my Marlin 795. I can't figure out how the factory sight's attached. It's not a dovetail, but it's got a little slot that the front part of the sight attaches to.

Does anyone know if the sights from One Ragged Hole will fit on a 795?

I've also looked at the Williams WG-RS 54. Has anyone used this receiver sight before? If I use one of these, I think I'll have to replace the front ramp sight, too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think that it really is dovetail and you are mistaken. At list my 795 has a dovetailed rear sight and what you describe is a dovetailed sight it seems.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might want to check out Marbles sights at

http://www.marblearms.com/history.html

Marbles makes a number of attractive and fully adjustable sights.
To find the correct sight for your gun, lower the factory sight to its lowest position and measure its height and measure it again at its highest position. This will give you the range of adjustment. Pick a sight that encompasses this range and it should work with your factory front sight. Marbles also has front sights.
One of the unique things about Marbles sights is that the rear "notch" insert is reversible for either a round or square notch and can be raised or lowered in conjunction with the notched elevator to give a full range of adjustments.
I am currently going to make use of Marbles sights on a 22 Marlin project that I am working on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts