Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly new in here. I've been haunting this forum for some time, but this is my first post. I'm sure it won't be my last. I have figured out, this is one of the go to forum's for good info on the XS, XL series gun's.

I've read about the replacement trigger guards for the XS7, but still unsure which way to go. As I understand it, there is a 22 guard that will replace the plastic one on the XS7. Aluminium, I believe. Something about using the beveled screws with it?

Is there a steel replacement, or does the alum. use a steel plate under it? I remember reading one thread about a fella making up a bushing for the plastic one.

I know I'm kickin the dog again with my question's, but I want to get it right the first time around. I'm to pick-up my new 243 tomorrow. If someone has actully done the replacement, could you pass along the install and order info?

Also, what torc specs do you go by, assembling the stock an guard after a teardown? I know I'll have it tore apart as soon as I run a few rounds thru it. This is my first tupperware gun.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Part #G3207580-00 $11.00 + $6.00 shipping
Phone # 800-544-8892
Aluminum TG for Model 925
I just drilled the rear hole to 1/4" and used the original screw.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The info above is what you need.
I had made a post in the other thread regarding the screws/bolts not seating in the beveled holes as designed with the new guard, but it still works just fine and is without a doubt stronger than the factory POS plastic guard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I saw a thread on G&G where someone (with a little work) put a Remmy 700 steel trigger guard on his Marlin. I'm looking for the thread now.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You can also Use the ADL 700 Triggerguard It is three times the money as the marlin Triggerguard and No better Hope this helps DD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts