Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just occurred to me that the remtards could offer a 336 that followed the latest trend in handguns. One rifle that comes with both a pistol grip stock and lower tang and a straight grip! That way the user could tailor the stock to which ever they preferred. Shouldn't add more than a thousand dollars to the price

·
Registered
569 Posts
Don't have them follow too many trends, then they'd paint them black and add light rails, thereby getting lever guns banned as "assault rifles". :vollkommenauf:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you are right. Maybe they could offer a marlin kit like the muzzleloaders in the seventies then you could finish the exterior metal and wood to your liking since remington refuses to do a proper job.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Yeah you are right. Maybe they could offer a marlin kit like the muzzleloaders in the seventies then you could finish the exterior metal and wood to your liking since remington refuses to do a proper job.
They do, it's on the shelf at your local gun dealer, just needs totally refinished and smoothed up. DP

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think he meant this:

Yea that's what I meant! Too many of those and they'll start calling all lever guns assault rifles, lol.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
569 Posts
how about they first start to build weapons like they actually gave a rats butt first...

then take on the after market stuff
Agreed!!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Removable backstraps...........No thanks.....

All I want if for Remington to build a Marlin......any Marlin, just like Marlin did in the 1960s.......

Am I asking too much?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would still like the option to choose a straight grip on my 336 without going thru a big conversion process or trying to find someone to swap. as far as a kit they would need to cut the price in half to make it attractive to the handier type guys out there. I had no desire for one of those fugly moss berg abortions. I would however, enjoy being able to easily put on an early style pg stock or switch back and forth between that and a Texan type configuration

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yes...your asking to much.

The craftsman who built Marlins in the 60's are in heaven.

Chocdog
Naw,.......the craftsmen are there, all they need is not to be rushed to meet production quotas and other management goals. Cuts to staff and other things to make the bottom line more profitable is the culprit. Management is the villain here, and the management of the business could be more about customer satisfaction. A happy customer is a repeat customer. If given time, the quality product would follow....

·
Registered
78 Posts
So you want Remington to offer and optional tang system to allow you to swap out stocks.... and you're willing to pay $1000 extra... for a rifle that should retail around $500.00... why not just but another rifle? One straight and one with a pistol grip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts