Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to run down to a shop that I visit infrequently so as to pick up three boxes of Speer 400 JFP bullets. (How about that- bullets!)
On the rack he had a new Remlin stainless Guide Gun. I was impresses. Fit and finish was as nice as my XLRs. Also a lot cheaper than a JM rifle is running right now. New in the box was $680. Had I not checked the serial number I would have been absolutely certain it was an older gun.
He advised that teh recent production of 1894 guns was also just as nice.
Come on 338 Marlin......

Reactions: rlm1

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
How was the wood? The new ones I've seen the wood is atrocious.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. I had one of the JM guns that I sold as I just could not get used to the straight stocks. It was as nice as that one.
The only issue I see is that there are still a bunch of the "in between" guns for sale via internet where they show a stock photo. I would not hesitate to buy a new one, but only after examination to make sure it is the newest production. I know you can't find a JM stainless Guide Gun for the $680 he had marked on this one and honestly, it is not worth the extra money compared to this one. This is from the guy that has three of the JM guns in the safe........

·
Registered
845 Posts
FWIW, a JM 1895gs (stainless) that was in gently used condition went for $625 + s/h on GB yesterday, so there are still deals on the JM guns every now and then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts