Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
There have been suggestions that Henry should buy out the Marlin line from Remington Outdoors. :shot:

Step right up and get your tickets for the maiden voyage on the Titanic. An UNSINKABLE ocean liner, that is until an iceberg rips it open and it sinks. Not enough life boats, totally disorganized attempt to "Save the women and children".

Henry can just watch Remington from the side line. Henry has added a lot of great new models that are apparently selling well.

They don't need a boat anchor from the Titanic to throw the wrench in the works. :hmmmm2:

Mike T.

·
Registered
15,668 Posts
And another once-proud American brand falls to mismanagement. I don’t like what Remington has done either, but there is more at stake here.
I think those who are angry with the current owners are totally missing the point of saving a piece of American history. How can we keep bragging about ‘Merica(!) when we’re so willing to watch it die right in front of our eyes?
I suppose that is all we will do, given the events unfolding in the country right now. Marlin won’t be the only legacy product manufacturer closing down & locking its doors forever over the next several years...one you depend on could be next in line.
R/Griff

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I am going to throw another thought into the mix here. Bankruptcy is a tool to eliminate lawyer debt and lawsuits. I have seen businesses "Bankrupted" just get out from under the weight of judgments from litigation. Could this newest bankruptcy could be just a means to stop the Sandy Hook litigation and reduce the payout liabilities?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
This is the second time that this bankruptcy has happened. Are we seeing a pattern here? Anyone who doesn't think that some company's will go away should remember what has become of Chrysler, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Philco, Zenith Radio Shack and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pretty new here myself but I have several Marlins, JM, of course and I also have a Henry Big Boy Steel in 44 magnum, the wife has a Henry 22 lever. Between my Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 or my Henry 44 mag., I have a hard time choosing what I am taking to the woods for deer every year. I see no faults with either the Marlins or the Henrys. I can understand personal preferences though and I respect that. I'd hate to see Remington go by the wayside and let the Marlin fall into extinction. I pray Remington makes a big turn around and save what is left of a little bit of American history and pride.
Airborne!

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
And another once-proud American brand falls to mismanagement. I don’t like what Remington has done either, but there is more at stake here.
I think those who are angry with the current owners are totally missing the point of saving a piece of American history. How can we keep bragging about ‘Merica(!) when we’re so willing to watch it die right in front of our eyes?
I suppose that is all we will do, given the events unfolding in the country right now. Marlin won’t be the only legacy product manufacturer closing down & locking its doors forever over the next several years...one you depend on could be next in line.
R/Griff
The Marlin Company did not exist after it was sold and was managed by Freedom Group. Once the factory, equipment, and employees were gone, so was Marlin. The Freedom Group's mission was to cut corners, and in the process, shipped rifles that were of poor quality. This has been going on for years. Even after the Creditors took over and gave Freedom Group the boot, they continued to ship inferior rifles. Sure "Some of them" were acceptable, but they still got a lot of returns. They did not FIX the problems.

Any company that is mis-managed For that many years deserves to go out of business. They screwed the pouch, and will have to close. We can't be sentimental about companies that fail. The end of Marlin came about long ago.

Mike T.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Marlin Company did not exist after it was sold and was managed by Freedom Group. Once the factory, equipment, and employees were gone, so was Marlin. The Freedom Group's mission was to cut corners, and in the process, shipped rifles that were of poor quality. This has been going on for years. Even after the Creditors took over and gave Freedom Group the boot, they continued to ship inferior rifles. Sure "Some of them" were acceptable, but they still got a lot of returns. They did not FIX the problems.

Any company that is mis-managed For that many years deserves to go out of business. They screwed the pouch, and will have to close. We can't be sentimental about companies that fail. The end of Marlin came about long ago.

Mike T.
This is true and the original Marlin Company has been gone a long time now but isn't the design of the Marlin still the same? Different hands on the job but the name remains unchanged and so does the design. It's the Quality Control Department that need to step up to the plate and get things fixed that need to be addressed. Maybe the new owners will have more pride in the work place.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts