Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
using the factory buckhorns and a 150 gr jhp Winchester x can I zero at 25 dead on to be 2-3 high at 100 and 0at 150? this is what I am reading but I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight

edit: also i want to throw out there that im not looking for sub moa accuracy.. my eyes probablyt wouldnt let me even make a 150 yard shot and almost everything will be within a hundred (critters and such)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Depending on sight height, the rule of thumb that says "zero at 25 yards = 2-3" high at 100 yards" will usually be close. But heed this -- until you shoot it at 100 yards you really won't know where you're hitting at that range. Dead-on at 25 could be several inches high/low/left/right at 100, so zero at 25 then take your first opportunity to try it at 100 .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i am taking it out tomorrow and can shoot both. i have 40 rounds of 150gr jhp winchester x and 40 rounds of 170 gr winchester x round nose soft points. we shall see the two different cartirdges and how they react

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.