Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a Remlin SBL but I feel they are asking a bit much for it when I can get a new one at my LGS for $850. They guy is asking $775 for but I told him I would do no higher than $700. Does that seem to much? I just ask because I bought an 1895GS for $660 brand new. His is 2 years old and is a Remlin.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is a lever collector and says it's the best Remlin he has seen. Is $700 to much for it?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Id ask if he is a collector and hes selling it. Then why? I think its high. Of course Ive been called cheap before. I like looking for the deals. Like said , Remlin was pumping out alot of bad guns then. Good ones were far and few between. If you do want it. Lokk her over real good. Look on the rant posts and see what you need to look for. Quit a few of them had issues in the receiver between the barrel and mag tube.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I know to look at stock fitment, crack in the receiver between the barrel and mag tube, and fit and finish.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
OK Im slow typer. Still look her over real good. I always wounder why folks sell some thing they just bought.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just wondering at $700 if I should hold off for a true marlin

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an 1895GS. I was just getting this to add to the collection:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I recently bought a 1895sbl made in 2014, nice rifle without the usual Remington issues. The only flaw i can report for the moment is scratched brass.

I wish i could get a SBL for $800, in Germany they are hard to get and leave the gunshop for $1600

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya. He said it took him over a year to find one that was up to the old marlin standard. I think I'm gonna pick It up. Chances of finding one that's a true marlin for $700 are slim to non around here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok will do. Im gonna try to take him down more. If not i guess $700 is fair

·
Registered
148 Posts
Seems fair to me, but I am just getting started on the Marlin collection. I like many of the SBL features and adding them to a GS or any other variant would rapidly boost the price to well over $700.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.