Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to view a DPMS Oracle G2 and couldn't bring up their site. Searched around and found this article which is upsetting to say the least.

Apparently, Remington Outdoors shuttered both DPMS and Bushmaster. DPMS Oracles were an awesome MSR, wickedly accurate and reliable, at a reasonable price. Hate like hell seeing them gone.

Jack

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/i...pms-bushamster-and-tapco-sites-are-shuttered/
Is Remington Leaving the MSR Market? DPMS, Bushmaster and TAPCO Sites are Shuttered by Luis Valdes |
Feb 05, 2020

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Freedom Group

Yup, changed their name to Remington Outdoors Company, attempting to hide from being known as the worst thing to happen to American firearm industry!

Jack

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know someone that is wanting to sell a Bushmaster AR10, don't need it but I know I can get it CHEAP. Might have to think about that with this news.

If you can pick one up cheap, don't think, DO! Otherwise, you'll more than likely kick yourself. Look at it this way, you can always sell it and probably for a profit, should you not like it.

Jack

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Wow! Oh well, Windham Weaponry is the real Bushmaster anyway. Makes you wonder what brand is next in their portfolio to be shuttered.......
Yes indeed folks, you did not lose anything with "Bushmaster" no longer being made by Remington IMO. Bushmaster started in Bangor Maine and moved to Windham Maine. It sold out in 2006. The original owner started Windham Weaponry with original Bushmaster workers in the old facility after his non-compete clause expired. Windham Weaponry is about 35 minutes to the west of where I live.

I have an original made in Maine Bushmaster.

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes indeed folks, you did not lose anything with "Bushmaster" no longer being made by Remington IMO. Bushmaster started in Bangor Maine and moved to Windham Maine. It sold out in 2006. The original owner started Windham Weaponry with original Bushmaster workers in the old facility after his non-compete clause expired. Windham Weaponry is about 35 minutes to the west of where I live.

I have an original made in Maine Bushmaster.

True, yet, shuttering DPMS is another story and not a good one.

Jack

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The AR market is flooded. Maybe part of this is about Freedom trying to help their image and part of it is they can't make the profit margin their stockholders are looking for.
Colt has done the same thing but I don't think Colt has ever had a business plan other than selling to the military as their main focus.

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TAPCO either.

Agreed! Been a tad preoccupied with the disappointment with the demise of DPMS Oracle.

Waffletop, I don't even like thinking in those terms.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
24,031 Posts
My 2017 DPMS Oracle LR-308 is outstanding. Fantastic accuracy at a very reasonable price and used it to take an 8 pointer last fall. I am so through with Big R and Freedom Group.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wow... I wish Remington Outdoors would buy the Democrat party...

·
Super Moderator
13,303 Posts
I got two words for you Jack, Aero Precision!
158294135727955320119.jpg

1 - 20 of 43 Posts