Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Remington scoremaster 511

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Marturo 
#1 ·
Anyone familiar with this old 22? Any idea what peep sight might fit?

#3 ·
If your rifle is a factory P model it will have two holes in the receiver at the left rear. The holes are fairly large and used the Remington Point Crometer sight. One of the mounting screws on that sight is the extra aperture. If it is not a factory P model there is different sights available for it from Williams and a Lyman 57 RS from a 521T or a Redfield 75 from a 513T will fit after drilling and tapping holes. The Redfield uses a mounting base and the Lyman mounts with no base plate needed.

#4 ·
I have a 513t great rifles as a kid a friend had a511 shot many a squirrel with it,a very inherently accurate design,at 50 ft with a rest mine will put shots through the same hole time after time not even trying hell,even at 00 on a good day 1/2” are the norm. at 50 yards it will too.

#6 ·
I have a 510 I learned how to shoot and hunt with. My dad bought it used back in the 1940's for 5 bucks and I've had it for about 57 years. I've killed about every kind of critter around here with it at one time or another and even used to be pretty good at hitting cans and small bottles tossed up in the air with it. Course back then pretty near every little bit of money I got my hands on in my mind equaled how many .22 long rifles I could buy at my Aunt and Uncle's store for .70 cents a 50 round box and those were Winchester Super Speed or Super X.

#13 ·
Has anyone worked on the 510/511/512 trigger? My 511X model has a trigger so light & crisp but the 511 seeing so much less hunting has a heavy spring & hard trigger.
I know that all that use year after year is most likely responsible for the light trigger on the 511X. I do remember buying it used & it always had a great trigger from the start.

Maybe Remington made a better trigger for the X series, I don't know. Then again perhaps one of you have been in there, with outstanding results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.