Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Remington Nylon 66

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  shawlerbrook 
#1 ·
I have been looking at a nylon 66, it looks to be in good shape, asking price is $150. Any info or comments would be appreciated. Don't really need it...but you know how it is when you see a gun like that. Already have a 39a,70hc,savage MkII (LH), cz trainer, browning pump, and a 96/22 mag and single six w/ changable cylinders. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#2 ·
Well, it seems a trifle high, but since I began my gun addiction in the 70's, I suffer from sticker shock occasionally. Heck, I was in Cabelas in Sidney recently and saw a Jap type 99 milsurp for 475.00!! :shock: Dang! It don't seem like that long ago, 75 bucks would get you any Jap milsurp you wanted... Maybe I'm getting old. Nah! That ain't it - I'm just cheap!

If you really like the 66, go for it! SW

#9 ·
I get sticker shock too as I started shooting in the mid 70's. I still remember when you could buy a new Rem 700 BDL in 30-06 for just 200 bucks. I remember buying a Win 94 from the military base store for 145 bucks brand new. You could get a COlt Woodsman 22 LR pistol for 75 bucks. A carton of Cigs was just 6 bucks on base.

#4 ·
Those things keep getting higher every day. I have owned a few of them over the years and still have one. I personally don't like them just because of the nylon stock, but they are a great rifle. They're pretty much goof proof, utterly reliable and accurate. I used one when I would hunt squirrels while floating in a rubber boat down the river. I have dropped it in the river and in the mud, it never stopped working. If you like it, I would get it. They won't be getting any cheaper. The top tang safety is friendly to us lefties.

#7 ·
Yep, 150.00 for a decent 66 is a steal at the price. Had one when I was a youngster, waited too long to try to replace it and I would not pay the 400.00 + asking prices for one though.

I bought a Remington Nylon Model 10 single shot Bolt action once at a Garbage sale for 100.00. Guy offered me 700.00 for it and I handed it over really quick. I knew they were rare as to this day it was the only one I have ever seen though. That was over ten years ago. Maybe I sold it too cheap.

They have come down slightly in the last couple years . But If you do not take it for 150.00 if decent, I will,LOL

#10 · (Edited)
Heck the 66 I have always wanted to replace from my youth was free from a guy. Cannot beat that price, even for the 70s huh,LOL

Point is they were just a lowly .22 found by the dozens. Now they have somehow magically morphed into high dollar, rare collector items. Crazy

Just about bought one a couple weeks back at the local show. But what was strange was it had the plated barrel and reciver, but had a Mohawk Brown stock. Could have beeen a Apache action that was removed from the Black stock. Regardless I should not have left it there for the 200.00 asking price. But I am cheap and offered 175.00. He would not budge.

#11 ·
They are great little 22 semis that have become cult-like in their following. Asking price of $150 is fantastic. I would have offered $125, but would have happily took it for $150.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.