593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they really that bad!?
Should they be avoided at all costs?

I'm about to buy a remlin 1895stp!!

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Some of them are terrible...and others are fine.

Get your hands on it and check it over good before buying if you can...if not, their warranty work has been good lately (even if slow)

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Sounds like good advice.
Fondle, caress, handle, inspect and play with before buying.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a new one and it has worked out well. I did have some issues with the sights being off but got it shooting right quick. I did a little write up on it if you are interested in details. Good luck.

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Hi Ziptie,
We are waiting with baited breath.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had an early Remington (2000) gg and sold it to get a GBL. The regular gg was very reliable mechanically but had some minor fit and Finnish issues. The brand new today GBL feeds without issue and has none of the fit and Finnish issues of the other one. Time will tell how she shoots, but I don't anticipate any problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
??? ??? Surprisingly, I had to bring my rifle back to the dealer. I guess some of the hype is true. Brand new out of the box it wouldn't load, when it did it wouldn't chamber without smashing the bullet into the case. When it did chamber it wouldn't extract, and on the rare occasion that it did it would'nt eject. I cycled the action (i actually counted) over 300 times to "loosen" things up. No joy. I field stripped it and wiped it down, No joy. I detailed it and wiped down all the innards, no joy. I finnaly brought it bacvk to the store. I will say this; Wholesale sports did exchange it without question. We ran a few cartridges thru it in store just to make sure and she seems to cycle fine. So, heres hoping shell be ready for spring bear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Remington has their issues, I have been waiting for a part for two months from them - they respond via e-mail and that's about it.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
dougsflyingservice said:
When did the North Haven plant close again?
when did it close or when did they quit producing rifles? It closed officially April 1 of this year.. the last day employees were there was the 30th I think.. KON has it all posted in the Rant Forum

·
Registered
297 Posts
moofy07 said:
Sounds like good advice.
Fondle, caress, handle, inspect and play with before buying.
Sorry, Ican"t help myself, were you talking guns or MARRIAGE?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Took the replacement GBL to the range today. Absolutely flawless in all respects. Very happy I picked this rifle up.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
noelb said:
Took the replacement GBL to the range today. Absolutely flawless in all respects. Very happy I picked this rifle up.
Good Deal! Glad you got a good one....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts