Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with these shotguns? I seen one at a pawnshop today for $359 looked brand new not a scratch on it!!!! Any pros and cons of this shotgun? Thinking about going back and getting it!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Hey there Cajun.I did some google search reviews on this shotgun,and recommend you do the same before plunking down the cash.
If it is a Camo version,there are a lot of bad reviews about it peeling off.Also reviews of the bolt not closing completely while trying to load a round.just looking out for you brother.
Do yourself a favor,buy an 870.

Reactions: Cajun

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm not a die hard Remington guy. But the Remington guys I know, I mean the guys who think the last shotgun ever made was a 1100, wouldn't touch a 887 with a 10 ft pole. They were bad.

They were so bad Remington threw in the towel pretty quick.

Reactions: graymustang

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there Cajun.I did some google search reviews on this shotgun,and recommend you do the same before plunking down the cash.
If it is a Camo version,there are a lot of bad reviews about it peeling off.Also reviews of the bolt not closing completely while trying to load a round.just looking out for you brother.
Do yourself a favor,buy an 870.
Thank you brother I appreciate it it was the black synthetic!!! I did a little researching on it earlier before I posted but figured I would ask you guys because I'm gonna surely trust what you guys say before anybody else!!! I might just have to keep looking!!!

Reactions: deerhog

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm gonna find me a donor 870 at the LGS they have some used ones up there and I'm gonna build a HD shotgun out of it!!!!

Reactions: deerhog

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Good idea.And good luck.

Reactions: Cajun
1 - 6 of 6 Posts