Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know from a previous post I had, that the ammo I tried out in my project '63 model 336 .35 did not work so well. I know, I should have shot the rifle before I put any money into fixing it up, but had I used this ammo to start, I would probabbly scrapped the barrel and found another. I'm glad it went down as it did. Core-Lokt ammo shoots well in every centerfire I own, and I recommend it to all my shooting partners, that is why I was so suprised at the results I had this go around. At 75yds, with a '4 cardboard backing, the Core-Lokt had a 2'- 2 1/2' group (not a typo 2 to 2 1/2 foot), I had furrows on the ground, and holes in the top of the cardboard! The holes left behind were oblong gashes. There were several failure to fire also. I was beginning to think the barrel was shot out, and the firing pin was needing attention. After a full box, and much frustration, I decided to pop a few of the Hornady Leverevoulution I had brought also. Whew!!! Groups came right together. My kiddo put 8 shots in a 2 1/4" group with Lyman receiver sight, and hunter aperture. Barrel is fine, ammo is crap. I sent an e-mail, with pics,to Rem and received an auto reply with ticket # saying I would receive response shortly. 1 week later, and no response, so I called. After a short journey down the automated road of "I want to talk to a person now please", I was connected to a very friendly and helpful lady who assured me that there has been progress, and that it usually takes the ammunition dept 2 to 3 weeks to resolve an issue. She did inform me that I would be getting a pre-paid mailer in the mail soon, and that I would be sending back the faulty ammo for replacement. I bought 2 boxes of this at the same time, and the second has yet to be opened. I don't know if they will take back both, or just the spent box, we shall see. At $30 a box, I am happy that Remington is willing to make it right and replace what I had.

photo 1 (2).JPG photo 3 (2).JPG

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
I don't have much faith in Rem any more. 6 missfires in a box of 20 is not good

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I too walk way from Remington ammo and components as well as other products. I will use up what I have on hand, but replace with other brands. DP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts